HAULIN DRAG CARS IN THE 60’s ON YOUTUBE

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION HAULIN DRAG CARS IN THE 60’s ON YOUTUBE

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    vbob
    Participant

HEY

the-kidd-312

back then we mostly flat towed with tow bar tow tabs and free wheeling hubs !! OH GREAT TIMES ! or drove to track put on slicks ran put street tires on drove home when had ower street car !

babycakes
            Participant

Did the same Billy, ‘flat’ towed it,with a tow bar, jacked it up,put horses under the rear axle housing,removed the spare driveshaft yoke,and installed the driveshaft assy., removed the rear (street) tires,and installed the slicks! Nowadays,that would surely wear me out I think!!! 🙄 😆 Pete.

patina
                Participant

First time”s out it was a tow bar and 55 Olds sedan, then a single axle trailer from the Mafia bothers and a 57 Nomad I found that was owned by the nuns at my school. Willie got a 57 Nomad with a 6 cyl. in it and we sometimes used it. The picture is Paul Sullivan’s 59 Plymouth conv.

Pat

Attachments:

dino
                    Keymaster

Got a guy showing his ’67 cuda straight axle being tow barred to his ’67 GTX at Syracuse ‘Gasoline Alley”. He found the tow bar in a yard sale for $5. Guy didn’t know what was. Went home and made and mounted to tow tabs…just to show the ‘kids’ how it was.Don’t think he’ll flat tow all the way to our Race …but will “drive” the Cuda from Syracuse area.

dino
                        Keymaster

Schlegel & Andy Kinash…

Attachments:

dino
                            Keymaster

George Checci

Attachments:

dino
                                Keymaster

Blakes ‘modern ‘ rig …

Attachments:

dino
                                    Keymaster

Had this all the time…I just searched “TOWING” :
                                        http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1585&hilit=towing

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.