Hello from Jeff Schlesinger !

Forums Forums NEW GUYS…and girls Hello from Jeff Schlesinger !

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Jeff just called from Florida…Knows a Lot of you.Hung out in Armonk with Kauer and Ingles…worked for Ronnie Morehead ,worked with Bruce Hertel for Chrysler and knows Casey. Ran a Burg. 426 wedge ’65 dodge in 75-76 Oh …he’s our latest new ODF Member !

storm-king

Good! Can alway use a little balance against the GM hordes! :mrgreen:

dino
            Keymaster

Got great shots of Jeff’s car, Black Arrow and more from him today …You’ll have to wait til Monday when I scan & Post,

don-kauer

Wow!!!! Jeff, I’ve always wondered what happened to you and where you were………It’s been a long time…..I’d love to have a chat with you…Drop me a PM with your number..Hope you are doing well……………..Don Kauer……. 😀

dino
                    Keymaster

Heres Jeff running in the ‘15.00’ bracket around 1975.Notice new Chrondek Tree.

Attachments:

dino
                        Keymaster

Just scanned about 12 photos that Jeff sent …New stuff …Saved and returning today…Always love to get New Dover shots never before seen…Heres one- A B/Comp Crosley from Kingston (Brian ! -print and show around town!)says Something-Something “Shop” on roof .Theres the Untouchables in the other lane …’65 ? :

Attachments:

patina
                            Participant
                                quote dinotheweirdo:

Just scanned about 12 photos that Jeff sent …New stuff …Saved and returning today…Always love to get New Dover shots never before seen…Heres one- A B/Comp Crosley from Kingston (Brian ! -print and show around town!)says Something-Something “Shop” on roof .Theres the Untouchables in the other lane …’65 ? :

Tried to combine these two post but had to cut and paste. Now follow along class 🙄

quote patina:

While talking to Bill Bartolomeo (Mr Willys) at his shop (Wheels of Time) in Pine Plains he said a guy from Kingston that sells or installs vinyl siding had the motor and wanted to know if he was interested in it. Now thats a lot of he said she said but thats what he said. Bill is on the site maybe he can fill in the blanks.

The MG is running we are trying to go to the valley Sunday to see if it moves.

Pat

Jerry from Automotion also told me about a Crosley pie wagon and I thought “Little Giant” but now the picture says it all another Crosley wagon running Dover 😮 Headline reads Giant Still Lost 🙁 🙁 🙁

Pat

babycakes
                                Participant

The Crosley belonged to Tommy Jameson,it was an A/alt,injected Olds powered.Prior to that,Tommy had a 50 Ford 2dr,Olds power also.The Crosley ran both Dover and the Valley.Tommy was a heating and air conditioning tradesman,last I known,he worked for the defunct Kingston Mechanical Co.Last ‘hot rod’ he built was a Pinto S.W. with a small block Ford,Tommy was highly skilled.His brother was an engineer for Ford in ‘racing’ performance parts,and worked with Gapp and Rouch in his spare time in the ‘Pro Stock era,developing both power and performance in Ford’s 351 Boss engine.Back in in mid 60’s,I bought a 35 Ford coupe (stock) from Tommy’s father,for a project,when I first moved to New York State.I suspect Tommy is ‘retired’ now,perhaps still in Kingston.His brother in law is Phil Sachs from Saugerties,runs a 69 Mustang red fastback,428 cu. in. street strip.knocking on the door of 10’s at the Valley during ‘nostalgia’ meets.

dino
                                    Keymaster

Thanks Babycake man! Well now…see what happens sometimes when ya post a Photo? I’ll put Brian on the track of Tommy.

don-kauer

Just got off the phone with Jeff Schlesinger 🙂 We had a great chat and a great trip down memory lane……..He was one of the younger crew that would be around the race cars in Armonk……..Jeff is a class act…Great guy…….I knew him and his family well……..We will keep in touch now…….. 🙂 ……….Don……

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.