Hello from Kentucky

Forums Forums NEW GUYS…and girls Hello from Kentucky

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    duke8444

Hello from Kentucky, I have been down here about 10 years and I just happened onto this site from doing a search on Dover drag strip. I was just reminiscing with some young racers down here that race at Beach Bend park and was telling them about the old days where “you run what you brung”.

I was originally from Bridgeport CT and spent many a Sunday in the early “60” at Dover. Those were the days where it wasn’t about how much money you had, but how much you could wrench that made you a racer.

I love the site and will become an actual member once I figure out how to sign up and send my dues in.

Duke

storm-king

Welcome!
            I’m an old Dover guy in Kentucky now too. I LOVE Beech Bend! It’s right out of the sixties! Only track I’ve ever been to where all of the stands are covered, too.

duke8444

Thanks for the welcome,

When I came to KY, I checked out Beech Bend and you are right. It is the shades of the “60”, especially on those Saturday “Fun Nights” of racing where everything and anything show up to race. I am located in Bowling Green so alot of car events are here and it was a great place to move to if your interest is in cars and racing.

storm-king

did you take in the HHR? I met a few Conn Dragway guys there.
                    We’ll have to meet up sometime, I’ll show you the ’66 Dart doorslammer funny I’m building (and probably have dino paint!). I’m not doing anything pretty, I’m doing period correct, run what you brung.

duke8444

I did take in the HHR. It was great. It was probably the largest event I have attended in years. I did buy a raffle ticket on the 1972 Nova, which I planned on winning-o well. It was going to be my start on a new car. I guess I will just have to start on a car on my own when I retire next year.

The next big event at the strip will be in October and they are claiming almost 4,000 cars will show up.

storm-king

Yes, It’s a GoodGuys event. I’m looking forward to it. I haven’t been to a GoodGuys event since ’01 when I went to the March meet in Bakersfield. They put on a good show.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.