HELP BEEON VIDEO I-D these cars

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR HELP BEEON VIDEO I-D these cars

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Just heard from “Famous Amos” at Beeon Video…Heres the Deal:

Thanks for the reply Dino.
        I was wondering if you could help in identifying some gasser/altered cars that ran at the track back in the 1960’s. I am doing an all gasser video and a short segment will include racing at Dover.

Sounds like you have quite a collection of movie footage from Dover. Good luck with that project. I did check out some of your links and your footage looks great.
        My latest production is an all gasser/altered video with a short segment from about 30 tracks throughout the country. I wanted to offer a variety of tracks rather than have the video dedicated to a single location. The footage I am using features some of the famous and many not so famous cars. It is the not so famous cars that I am attempting to ID. I am attaching frame grabs from the footage for your review. Perhaps you will recall some of the cars. I like to name names whenever I can so our racers will not go unidentified.
        My footage came from a couple contributors from New York. It shows its age but seems to capture the time period in an acceptable fashion.
        Thanks again for any help you might be able to provide.

Jim Amos
        Bee On Video

http://www.beeonvideo.com

dino
        Keymaster

Here We GO…NAME THAT CAR ! Driver-Owner-City, St.-year -‘Tidbits” :…labled pics with “BeeLine” for old time sakes. Jim IF you have any of that I WANT !
            ’09 easy…Sandy From The Outlaws Car Club-Yonkers.

’08 looks like Clem Lechance’s Stud Before ‘Mad Frenchman’ lettering

’07 is John Delelle before final paint

How am I doing guys? Fill in the blanks….

Note JIM: search These names when they pop up and get ALL the info right here on the forum regarding these guys.It’s all here someplace!

Attachments:

dino
            Keymaster

Three More…

#11 IS Moe Deluge….ALL these Cars numerous times in Big ODF Galleries…Of Note: asked way back in it’s own heading Who owned ‘The Fugitive” still waiting for info !

Attachments:

patina
                Participant

I think the 38 Willys sedan is Mr. Willys Bill Bartolomeo whos daughter was looking for pictures of car. I just looked through the old posts and it is not the same car as his daughter posted BUT it may be earlier befor he put a glass nose on it. And although you didn’t ask to ID tow cars the 59/60 Plymouth rag top towed the MG several times.

Pat

vindicator
                    Participant

😀 😀 😀 Hey guys…the orange metropolitan with Ford on the side…was the one…and only..Ed Prout’s “Orange Monster” (AM/SP???)…someone…should “remember”…the body blew off this…wild-home-brewed…piece..in the lights…it laid on the left side of the embankment (lane2)…in the weeds for quite some time (at least a month or two)…’till somebody “carted” it off… 😀 😀 😀 Drake…ol’ Ed….made a more than a…few…memories…’eh! 😆 😆 😆

dino
                        Keymaster

Ed is on the Forum …Not much a typer-talker …I’ll E-mail Him !

dino
                            Keymaster

Prout Just called….Yes thats his Car MG body ?…ran it with a Jag body too. The Jag body blew off he thinks. That was a 427c.i. Ford ,carburated and had a ‘conduit’ frame ! . “got a few cracks ,once in while -brittle ya know, so I’d gas weld it back together”, he said. Ran against CHA-CHA at Lebanon with it. “She’d run full thottle through the lights trying to beat me and end up in the swamp.” He ran it against the Tazmanian Devil when the U.S.Mule broke for a Match Race. Ed’s now in Vero Beach,Fla. He got friendly with young Rolli Linbdlad,who ended up building other cars for him.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.