Here’s A real Joke

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Here’s A real Joke

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

found this on Ebay …almost too stupid to be funny…and only $ 5.00 -first Bid ! And a Big DUH to the seller 😆
        Lets See: Top ET ? thought it was Low ET….Qualifying at 12 ?…we’de still be running Time Trails…Eliminations at 5? …Sorry ,we’re done by then and Dover didn’t have lights …. Thats Prudhomne’s Car…Never that one at Dover….the best one is It’s on a Sat ….We ran Sun…

Attachments:

maso
        Participant

Dino…

Don’t you own the rights to the title of “Dover Drag Strip” …?

….We maintain patent pending and copyright of EVERYTHING on the website..including all submissions..Dino

dino
            Keymaster

We’ve already contacted the gentleman. Not worth the time or energy to persue ….just gave him a ‘freindly ” bit of advice…..In his discription ,he called it ‘Dragway'” …can’t even read what he slammed together in a computer program.. Oh – Thats the Shelby Super Snake Dragster pictured …Don P. ran it in 1968…The problem also with the poster is ,there were only TWO Sat. Aug. 8ths in Dover’s history…1964- the car wasn’t built and 1970…already parked. And We Didn’t run on Sat. Its now restored and in The NHRA Museum. Real accurate info for Ding-dongs that believe this junk.The money ? …Never -ever gave out that much….so I guess its just some “figment” of an imagination. His next one will feature High Et And Low Mph 😆

jimbo17

Dino:

Is this the same guy who is selling all the Dover stuff on E-Bay from the Big Apple?

Jimbo

dino
                    Keymaster

No …He’s in Mich. i think…Hey -they come and go ……..Have some exciting new projects on the drawing board…takes time to get it done right.

maso
                        Participant
                            quote Maso:

Dino…

Don’t you own the rights to the title of “Dover Drag Strip” …?

….We maintain patent pending and copyright of EVERYTHING on the website..including all submissions..Dino

Does that mean that you own my poetry…???

dino
                            Keymaster

Well …kinda …it’s Protected by our copyright …from anyone plagerizing it and making money with it without your or my written permission…..Legally. YOU own your Artistic work simply by creating it and being able to prove the Creation was by you. Thats a no brainer here…You typed it and Posted it. At your newspaper…everything printed is owned by them (Have copyright) that they print….Now ,the Writer on staff doesn’t .He’s paid to do that (compensated).If he’s a self-employed ‘Free-lancer’…he ‘sells’ the right to reproduce his piece to the paper…But he probably put in a stipulation ,that He retains sole creator rights…He just Sold it to them to Use in just One issue…They didn’t Buy the right of ownership from him. I didn’t pay you to write a poem for My website…you submitted it. It’s yours…I can’t Sell it without your written ‘release’ to do so.IF someone found it Already exsisting Prior to your post …Then they could claim rights of Creation and origin. the arguement stuff gets hammered out in court….my artwork ,say, is simple to prove …I have the original work.You may have a hand scribbled original Draft…Just like All the Photos In our ODF gallerries are Mine To use …with Written or provable permission of the Donater.In the case of Many Brian And I actually are the Final Owners ,having paid for the Conversions from slides or negatives recieved Free of any compensation asked for. Got it all on file . So IF you wonder why I bury submitted Photos and some Videos in the Multi-media section only accessed by registered Fourm users ….it’s actually to Hide that stuff from the Interenet public visitors.If something gets out and there’s a question …At least I (And We ) have a record of Who can access it. Kind of of a little ‘security’.We do have on the Historical Photo disc disclaimers and policies…Break them and I’m covered legally to go after you. Thats for the Bad-Guys…It’s really neat that our Dover ‘community” is Much more well behaved and “Older-Wiser”.Theft of service without due compensation goes on all the time …taking private property without permission.As in ‘Ripped -Off… Your’e not supposed to Shoot people and rob banks …But thats Life. Why we have cops .courts and a Army…………………Wow ….6 coffees gets ya going !

dino
                                Keymaster

A copyright protects an original artistic or literary work ,a patent protects an inventor .Does that mean that if you lock your house, the burglers will stay out. Some things just arn’t worth the hassel to persue.Just because something is available to you on the internet or print or just sitting on the sidewalk…doesn’t mean it’s yours. It’s not suddenly public property. I get asked all the time by these guys with the jacked up ‘Donks” …4-door sedans with silly big wheels to letter Candy company logos and things on them…they look at me like I’m nuts , when I say,I can’t ….That it’s “copyright protected” …Just what I need …Hershey Candy company sending me a letter to go to court for putting their design on some car. Now in the question of this guys Poster…It’s just so silly ,no real Dover guy would bother with it. We know better…..And Maso that’s YOUR poem and We wouldn’t do anything without asking you first….Might someday !

maso
                                    Participant

S’okay… because nobody but us would wanna’ read that stuff I wrote anyway… It is all based on inside humor and… well… it could be verse… eh…?!

Attachments:

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.