Here’s an idea…

Forums Forums ANY OTHER PHOTOS Here’s an idea…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    maso
    Participant

Back in the day…

They used to have a Hot Rod Show every year at the Westchester County Center in White Planes just where Central Ave. runs into the Bronx River Parkway… Anybody remember that…?

Better still… anybody got any pictures to share from that…???

anonymous

I used to go to it every year. Took my wife on our first date to it in 1968, I think October. I don’t think I have any picturs.

Andy

billy-casey

went there every year .. it was usually the last week of oct. … had my 57 chevy in the show in 72… the most boring weekend of my life back then…
                it was a small show but usually very good with quite a crowd on fri. and sat. nights .. I think everyone was into cars back then 😛 😛 Billy

maso
                Participant

Billy…

It was in ’66 or ’67 when my father displayed his restored ’32 Ford there. Do you ever remember seeing it…?

The show was mostly for Hot Rods… but I bugged him to have it there and he complied.

Here ‘tiz…

anonymous

i won best engineered 3 yrs in a row with the corvair dragster when it was still a nitro car

dino
                        Keymaster

I went to that every year it was there… lived in Katonah,N.Y ….Wanted photos Bad ! put the word out at jalopy journal [Hamb ](50,000 on the forum !) and didn’t get one response. Now ya got me thinking…I’l do a little Dover CSI on it .

maso
                            Participant

Well… I know a lot of people would bring their cameras to those events. There must be some out there somewhere.

anonymous

they had an elevator at the front of the stage to get the car up there

billy-casey

yes i do remember that car hewas building it when i first met you in the garage under the house 😛 Billy

quote Maso:

Billy…

It was in ’66 or ’67 when my father displayed his restored ’32 Ford there. Do you ever remember seeing it…?

The show was mostly for Hot Rods… but I bugged him to have it there and he complied.

Here ‘tiz…

maso
                                        Participant
                                            quote Billy Casey:

yes i do remember that car he was building it when i first met you in the garage under the house 😛 Billy

Cool…

He did this one too, but he never displayed in in White Planes.

He also did a ’36 Phaeton, a ’36 Cord and another ’32 Ford Roadster. My father was a master craftsman among other things. I miss him a lot. But… my brother Jack is still an ass hole and I’m sorry to say always will be.

dino
                                            Keymaster

E-mailed the Center Itself to see what THEY have ??? waiting for reply?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.