Hey little Cobra

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR Hey little Cobra

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Redman found this on the Corvette forum 😯 anyways ….posted by some guy from Fairfield…interesting Shot…My brother at base of tower .Me ,Mike and old girlfriend visable in tower .and I can ID all the workers cars parked on the return road. Girls mustang, Terry’s yellow Camaro,Mikes Mopar ,Zekes compact .Neat!

Attachments:

john-sachs-sr
        Participant

Could be Carter Gette’s street comp Cobra.He was from Millbrook,N.Y. 😉
            He did own a blue street comp.
            John

dino
            Keymaster

I’m on vette forum now…see the N.Y. plate …I’ll find em!

redman

Dino,
                    I pm`d him. No reply as of yet.

dino
                    Keymaster

Red…Wheres the post-couldn’t find it- dino

redman

Went back to Corvette website. According to latest SAAC Registry, the car was raced at the time by the first owner, a Ford dealer from Millbrook,N.Y., who pulled the original big block and replaced it with a Ford 427 SOHC prepped by Holman and Moody. Car ran 144 mph with an e.t. of 9.7 sec at Dover in 1971. Sold in 1980 with 30,000 on the odometer. 2nd owner pulled the SOHC and replaced with another Holman and Moody engine, this time with a 427 medium riser side oiler, which is still in the car. rebuilt and blueprinted in 1991.

Dino-go to advanced search-type in user name of corvettecsn search keyword: any old drag cars around? In the search in forum box, go to C1 and C2 corvettes 1953 to 1967. Should get you there. scroll down to Cobra66. Looking at the profile, he still has the car.

dino
                            Keymaster

Thanks…Good directions.Found And I also e-mailed him Heres anothe shot from that post …Hilarious ! there’s Jeff Siligman ,standing behind car doing what He always did -Eat…always had some kind of food in his hand.

Attachments:

redman

That`s funny. Is he the reason there were so many food wrappers flying around the track?

bossguy

That sure looks like Carter Gette (Gette Ford) in the orange sweater in front of the car. That car sounded awesome! You could hear it from quite a distance. I heard that Carter passed away.

john-sachs-sr
                                        Participant

I did some work on that car for Carter(part of the Gette oil family).He became the Ford dealer in Millbrook. 😉
                                            He called me about 25 years ago,when he found I was living in Florida.He was living part time in Jupiter,Fl.,and invested in a friend’s fishing boat business(manufacturer).
                                            I couldn’t hang with them.They spread more money around in a week than I could earn in a lifetime. 😯 😯
                                            John

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.