Hi all

Forums Forums NEW GUYS…and girls Hi all

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    anonymous

Hi guys,

What a great website, brings back some of the fond times of my life. I started going to Dover from about it’s start. My brother ran his ’63 409 for awhile and then I went to wrench for Charlie Castildo on his orange ’55 D/G chevy. I then hooked-up with Dave Hodgman and ran his speed shop on South Broadway in Yonkers, Performence Plus. We meet Mike Rothman and Dave drove Mike’s 1966 silver Impala 427 in B/S at Dover. I later bought the car from Mike and ran B/S. We saw an ad in Drag News for a nitro injected funny car for sale in CA and that hooked us on the nitro fever. It was a 1963 Yellow Dodge owned at the time by Dick Carr. We ran the car at first with the Dick Carr name on the doors. We then put a tube front end on the car and extended the wheelbase and called the car Plain Busted. I see several pictures of the car and my ’66 427 which we used as the tow car in the members section.
        Great to see all the photos of the cars I remember. I have several photos of Dover and I will try to find them and post them.

Regards from Carmel, NY
        Andy Panessa

maso
        Participant

Like you, I have lived in both Yonkers and in Carmel. We had a summer home on China Pond at the Sedgewood Club until 1959. Left Yonkers in 1970. Do you remember the Gramatan Dodge guys…? There were two Gramatan Dodges, but not at the same time. 1st. Bobby Gallaghar’s then Jay Broderick’s. My next door neighbors. Maybe you knew Richie Prokop or Billy Casey too.

big-papa

welcome, we hope you enjoy it here…

anonymous

Hi,
                    Sure I remember those people. The Gramatan Dodge boys were friends of my buddy Mike Rothemant. I also remember the name Richie Prokop. Bill Casey I remember from the track and I used to stop by his gas station in the ’70s when I was a cop for awhile in Tuckahoe.

quote Maso:

Like you, I have lived in both Yonkers and in Carmel. We had a summer home on China Pond at the Sedgewood Club until 1959. Left Yonkers in 1970. Do you remember the Gramatan Dodge guys…? There were two Gramatan Dodges, but not at the same time. 1st. Bobby Gallaghar’s then Jay Broderick’s. My next door neighbors. Maybe you knew Richie Prokop or Billy Casey too.
                    anonymous

Thank you and I am enjoying every minute of it. I am starting to remember cars and names that I have not thought about since those days.

quote big papa:

welcome, we hope you enjoy it here…
                      Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.