Hi from glens falls ny

Forums Forums NEW GUYS…and girls Hi from glens falls ny

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    breatle62

Hi from ny state…I currently race my 08 GT/CS mustang..My 17 yr old wants to race my 87 monte ls 305 4bbl, a good starter car for him…From what ive read looks like a nice site to talk about old drag strips/drag racing…brett 😀

mikey

Welcome. and glad you stopped by. There is a lot of info and some very nice people on this forum. We are for the most part, either old racers who raced at Dover, or kids of guys that did. Some of us still race after all these years. Have fun and enjoy the forum. …………….Mikey 😆

dino
            Keymaster

Welcome Aboard the Good shipp DDS.com I lot here …use search….meanwhile ,you might find this interesting:
                http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=676

breatle62

I remember SGF dragstrip…my brothers used to take me to watch…thanx for the memories…brett 😀

babycakes
                    Participant

Brett,welcome to the O.D.F site.IF you like the ‘ole’ time drags,this is the place!

patina
                        Participant

There’s a guy up by you that goes by the screen name of “Bucksnort” on the “HAMB” website he’s got lots of old pictures and ran a 57 chevy M/P with the same name. Know him?

Pat

Attachments:

digger

i live in port henry about 60 miles north of glens falls, i,m in fla for the winter. i also raced south glens falls back in 63-64

breatle62

Nope cant say i have met him..I saw a guy/friend that raced a 70 then a 72 duster that used to race at SGF, awhile back…I still see JC that owns CS Speed shop in GF a few times a year..he used to race his gtx thier.. :DIm only 48 so i didnt drive when sgf was open. My older brothers 59/60 now …used to take me to watch. 😀

super-sport-pete

welcome to dds.i was at sgf dragway a couple of years ago. you must have read my post. do you know gary and charlene wood? they were real contenders in the mid 70’s with a 71? pontiac tempest wagon.won a lot of major races.car was a crowd pleaser w/HUGE wheelstands. ran as a stocker.you are in an area with a lot of talent. good luck racing.

ricky-white
                                        Participant

Hi Brett. Welcome aboard. I am a Old Dover racer from down state and now live right up the street from you in Lake George. I see in your profile, your interest inclued Ham Radio. I montor the LG repeater give me a call some time Ricky N2YME.

breatle62

The names ringa bell…ill give ya holler sometime my call is kc2bqn…name is brett.. 😀

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.