Hi from Gramdog1

Forums Forums NEW GUYS…and girls Hi from Gramdog1

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    gramdog1
    Participant

Hi everybody, I am the third member-owner of the Art Dury-Gramatan Dodge ’63 SS/A Maxwedge car. I was involved from 1963 through 1965. Got married in ’66 but got back into racing with Charlie Castaldo and his ’68 SS/AA Dart and the ’70 SS/DA Challenger.
        I will try to answer any questions regarding any of these cars or the people involved.
        This is a TERRIFIC website and I’m proud to be here.

storm-king

Welcome aboard; glad to have you here! Pics?
            We raced against both the Art Dury car and Charlie’s ’68 Dart. I don’t think we ever beat Charlie’s Dart, but I also think we only got to run him once.

So are you coming to the Reunion? I’ve got a picture of my Dad talking to you or your brother in that ’61 or ’62 tow car you used. It’s already been around on some boards a bit.
            My brother was pretty quiet back then, didn’t talk to a lot of folks. I’m sure he’d love the oportunity to catch up now.

maso
            Participant

Well…

That GramDog and I grew up together and went to high school together too. In fact it was him who introduced me to this drag strip stuff in 1961. True.

We already had a pretty good discussion of the Gramatan Dodges in here so I might as well refer you to that with this link: http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=169

The GramDog may have somethings to add to it…

gramdog1
                Participant

Thanks for the kind welcome, Storm King. Glad to be here. Sorry, can’t make it this weekend but will sure try in the future. Who is this “Maso”? I was drag racing when he was in junior high! Sorry Tom, just for yuks.

maso
                    Participant
                        quote Gramdog1:

Thanks for the kind welcome, Storm King. Glad to be here. Sorry, can’t make it this weekend but will sure try in the future. Who is this “Maso”? I was drag racing when he was in junior high! Sorry Tom, just for yuks.

Maso is short for Tommaso which is Italian for Thomas… get it…? I always use it for an Internet name. Nobody calls me that.

GramDog… also go see: http://doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=176

larry-n
                        Participant

That’s Jay Broderick sitting in the Blue Polara wagon talking with Storm King’s dad.

storm-king

Right, larry; and I’ve been corrected (I think by you!) before but it just doesn’t seem to be sinkinig in. And where were you this past Saturday?
                                Glad you’re dropping in here at least. I hope you are well.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.