History- Photo Search Request

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION History- Photo Search Request

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Don’t have and can’t find ….need for big Video,new products, and history in general. heres my shopping list:

*Color Photo of Entrance Sign on our opening page that falls down …I did it -don’t remember .(GOT IT !)

* As big a list of Name Match Races as we can compile, Month-year….who ran who. Results Stories in Drag Times would sure solve this ….leading me to :

* AS MANY DRAG TIMES with Dover Race Results Stories AS POSSIBLE …would give chronological history

*Names,Job Position & Contact info : For ALL former Track Employees …Whats ‘TimeSlip Ron’s’ Last Name…Where’s Frank the timer..the cops…who replaced who ?

* Photos of Tech Lanes…None to be found – scale too…along with Pit pass booth and Trophy booth And Food concessions(Legion -Have?)…and No photos of Spectator side as if you were on that side.

* Who knows what years the Tower got painted ..first gray-green from white…then Orange.When did Al’s DogHouse arrive ?

*When did they add Hot Car pits Stands…when did they enlarge…when did they pave new stuff….return road …staging lanes …hot car pits?

*Anybody got Shots & year of Snowmobile Track past tech lanes ???

* What about Gas Pump? what brand? and when stopped ? How much a gal. Did they have for just working during week on there own equip.?

*How much were payouts -year -amount?

* Radio Ads ?

Getting real deep here ….Search

storm-king

I keep seeing Drag Times mentioned, but Eastern Drag News was the weekly of record most of the years i remember at Dover. I gave most of my old duplicate copies to Mike Guffey, the guy that has found and restored most of the original AWB Mopars. Bill has a bundle for you now, we just need a moment to get them to you. We’ll want them back 😀 .
            We’re in the process of moving to a new plant, so it’s a bit chaotic right now.

dino
            Keymaster

Well …Eastern Drag News Became DRAGTIMES…Jack Redd bought it ,to bail them out and changed the name …He’ll have info on that but sold all his copies to Mike Goyda who when he gets any, scans and sends to me .Jack’s stash got sold off years ago . I sent the article & photos direct to Jack for a number of years. The older stuff WILL be Eastern Drag News….I’ll pay $5. a copy to keep OR ….just Scan & Send back….Brians on the trail now of a big collection…BRING little stuff I can carry to Dover -Fest…Looks like we might need a scanner computer set-up there …IF I can’t carry all the Albums back to process and return (More on THAT later).

vbob
                Participant

Hey
                    I think ESSO was the gas!
                    ‘V’

tomblake
                    Participant

This is as close to the tech line and scale that I can come. 6/13/65 Just out of tech and off the scale.

Attachments:

tomblake
                        Participant

Tower Color change.
                            It is hard to tell colors in black and white pictures but the shades might give you dates as to when it changed.
                            The last race of 1965 the tower was all one color (white I think)
                            The first race of 1966, 3/20/66 the tower was two colors (Gray and Green?)
                            The tower by itself, picture taken 7/03/66. The note on the back of the picture reads “Gary doing some announcing in his pretty red and yellow pants.

Attachments:

tomblake
                            Participant

Picture from the spector side at the end of the track looking back to the starting line.
                                Picture from the starting down track.
                                Paving,
                                No new paving or bleachers before July 1966, that was done after I left the area for South Carolina.
                                Don’t know if any of the pictures answered your questions but it is my two cents.

Attachments:

dino
                                Keymaster

These ARE GREAT…AND so is the accurate dates…..That really helps…Brian M. is pretty good at dating the photos he has .expect him to reply.The dates help us track the history much better. You have some differant angles and locations that are rare.THANKS ! Seems you have a nice collection I might have to get a hold off to scan ! Just Box it up and we’ll do the rest . At 72 DPI…I can only go this far…with actual print we can do better……….

Attachments:

dino
                                    Keymaster

GARY announcing 1966 ? Gary who? and when DID I Start ❓ …that was my senior year in High School …All I remember was Opening day the announcer didn’t show …I volunteered and Stayed ’til 72. geezerville again…bet Drake would know

storm-king

Cool pics! I never saw the track from the spectator side.

tomblake
                                            Participant

storm king…..I never went to the track when I wasn’t racing so I’m not sure how I got the time to go to that side of the track and take that picture.

dino
                                                Keymaster

Got It ! Tom Williams (“Mr.NOVA”) came through on the sign color shot !!! 😉

Attachments:

tomblake
                                                    Participant

Fence looks a little tattered, wonder what year the picture was taken?

dino
                                                        Keymaster

Still looking for a lot of this stuff…See Signs of the Times topic ….Found out Harry Loper (Blue Goose) passed away …no know last address and some guys still need to be located and/or fired up to get on forum.See first post here for list looking for …need more Snake-Prudhomn photos-Film …anybody ? Dandury Cam-Buster info needed …Anybody ?

dino
                                                            Keymaster

Things Found…3 Cam-Buster Members are being contacted …Have George Hosford (1st starter located)…More info to be recieved (Found) about original Timing system construction…Still looking for New Milford Times issue about Dover-Feb. 17, 1975 and need a copy of Marcus- Reunion Program booklet from 2004. Always welcome Copies of Drag Times & Eastern Drag News TO SCAN and send back.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.