HorsePower is Where You Find IT !

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING HorsePower is Where You Find IT !

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 444 total)
  • Author
    tomatohead
    Participant

……… OK OK what do you guys think ❓ ❓ will this tunnel ram fit under this bubble hood ❗ ❗ 😀 ………. its almost time 😀 …………. back to the DOVER STUFF ❗

Attachments:

dino
        Keymaster

Lets see …Norm would say : Measure twice,cut once.

mikey

I would say NO, and please don’t ruin your hood!! Oh, I see, you were joking…yes/no? Find a low profile manifold if you really want two carbs. Did the original T-bolts have two 4s? I’m a Chevy guy, no nothing about Fords other than the usual jokes and such. ……………………Mikey 😆

tomatohead
                Participant

………. no cutting the hood , and yes we make it fit under the Bubble 😀 Ill have RCE mill the top down till it fits ❗

patina
                    Participant

Mater I had one from brother Mikes 66 Fairlane with a 460 in it and I unbolted the top and milled down the bottom of it till it was just carburator flanges then milled the manifold down until both mating surfaces where close in size and my friend welded them together. Dropped it by at least 2″ and looked bitchen. I say do it!

Pat

mikey

I think you guys are both nuts!! You both must be smokin’ old Batman bloomers or somethin’!!….Mikey 😮 😯 😆

anonymous

Hey Patina + Mikey:
                                I did a few modifacations on my tunnel ram back in the day but Patina had me scratching my head after reading his post 😕 ….then I read Mikey’s post and it finally made sense 🙄 ….I’ll use it’s way past my bed time as an excuse 😳 ….anyone got a pair of slicks that are only flat on the bottom to sell me :ugeek:

patina
                                Participant

Yous guyz have no imagination 🙄 With a bridgeport, lathe, and tig you would be suprised what we have done. Its just like the welded up sheetmetal manifolds only not sheetmetal. The weld up holes and cracks in aluminum manifold all the time.

Pat

mikey

Pat, I never said you couldn’t do it, I just simply said you were NUTS!! I have done similar things in the past, and I believe that Pat Hennebery made his own tri-power manifold for the 6 cylinder. ……………..Mikey 😆

anonymous

OOOOK…Not that i’m not a believer 😕 BUT as the saying go’s…”I’ll Believe It When I See It”…you gave us the before picture… where’s the after picture…( hey Mikey this should be good ) 😉

dino
                                            Keymaster

Old Skool !…I concer with Linguine Engineering…If Booby S. can dig them out …I think he’s got photos of some great Homebuilt manifolds and back yard inginuity on the Coleman Stud and Clem’s Maverick. “Anybody can bolt it on ,out the box…IT TAKES A REAL MAN TO CUT IT UP”!

mikey

I know it can be done, and has been by several people. I’m sure somewhere there are pics Of Hennebery’s “Six Fiend” Engine compartment that shows his intake manifold. Also, the “tunnel-ram” I bought from Bill Jenkins for my C/Gas Nova was cut, machined, and modified. That thing had welds and epoxy everywhere, but it worked great, and never leaked vacuum. My Dad also helped me to fabricate a 2, 2bbl intake manifold for a six cyl I ran in J/gas in the late sixties. It was primitive, and had some leaks, but we plugged them all and it worked out OK. I’m searching for pics, but not holding my breath. When my Mom passed away in November, my sister went through everything, and threw out lots of stuff, including most of the pictures she didn’t want. Guess who’s they were. Yup, mine. ……………..Mikey 😆

dino
                                                    Keymaster

ROXREC …Tell them about the Originals (T-Bolts) …Mikey a ‘chevy’ guy .

tomatohead
                                                        Participant

…… hey dont forget the original T-Bolts had BIG motors in am an my car came with a 289 and I put a 351 in it so there is some or more room then it looks like ……. I proabaly only have to mill an inch or so ……………. I let you know when I feel like pullin the single off and do a test fit first and I have carbs to put on also …………………… I also have this set up if we chose ……. 😀 ……….. and I take out the .600 solid lift cam and put the brand new .662 solid roller in if we need it ………. 😀

Attachments:

patina
                                                            Participant

Mater I’m not a Ford guy but you have 2 different manifolds there. the Weiand with the 8 bolts holding the top on looks like the one I shortened for the 460.

Pat

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 444 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.