HOW’S THIS FOR HISTORY (From Brian M.)

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION HOW’S THIS FOR HISTORY (From Brian M.)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

A/FX Crash in 1970. Plenty more photos of this in color ,in the ODF Members Gallery. BUT GET THIS-Brian(our Track Historian) FOUND the headlight rim ,just THIS YEAR, nosing around the weeds at the track! 30 years later 😯 ! !

Attachments:

hvy70ss
        Participant

WOW!!
            OK let’s do some CSI with this….although I’m a life long GM fan, my guess is a 65-66 Dodge or Plymouth?? Any other guess?? Nice find Brian!!

Bob

vindicator
            Participant

HEY GUYS….I’M HARDLY A “HISTORIAN”…BUT THAT CAR ACTUALLY WAS SHIRLEY (“DRAG-ON-LADY”)AND HER HUSBAND H.L. SHAHAN’S (FROM CALIFORNIA) IT WAS A DODGE, NOT HER WINTERNATIONALS WINNING PLYMOUTH…IT WAS TO RUN THE OLD NHRA B/XS(WITH INJECTORS) CXS WITH CARBS CLASSES..PAUL DUBE, A GARAGE OWNER AND HIS DRIVER, BUCKY WERE FROM ANSONIA ,CT….THEY WERE COOL GUYS…FUN LOVIN’ DUDES..(ALWAYS SOME “STEAMY” BABES TOO!!) THEY TOOK THE POWERTRAIN OUT OF THIS “WRECK” AND PURCHASED A DODGE CHARGER FLIP-TOP FUNNY CAR(MIGHT HAVE BEEN “WILD” BILL FLYNN’S) AND RACED SOME WITH US IN TOM “SMOKER” SMITH’S EAST COAST FUEL FUNNY CAR CIRCUIT…ALWAYS LOOKED FORWARD TO SEEING THEM…THEY’D GIVE YOU THE PROVERBIAL “SHIRT OFF THEIR BACK”…FUN TIMES…HAVEN’T SEEN OR HEARD FROM THEM IN YEARS (PROBABLY 20 PLUS)…I “BELIEVE” THE DODGE WAS A ’65…AND THEY BOUGHT FROM SHAHAN IN ’66-’67…THAT’S ALL I KNOW…AND I DON’T KNOW NO MO'(ON THIS SUBJECT!!!) 😆 DRAKE VISCOME

dino
                Keymaster

Might be wrong about more photos in ODF gallery…got some someplace , But its not this car. Had “challenger” on the side…purple and white. Could be …don’t know..Drake sounds like he’s on the case here but wreck is in ’70? .More digging to do.

vindicator
                    Participant

HEY GUYS….PAUL & BUCKY “NAMED” CAR CHALLENGER….TO BEST OF MEMORY (A LITTLE “FADED” AT THIS POINT) THIS CAR NEVER HAD SHIRLEY SHAHAN’S “DRAG-ON-LADY” (LIKE THE WINTER-NATS’ WINNING PLYMOUTH) NAME ON IT…SOMEBODY OUGHTA’ REMEMBER PAUL/HIS GAS STATION IN ANSONIA (A PRETTY ACTIVE “HOT CAR” AREA IN THOSE DAYS) OR BUCKY (DRIVER)…THEY HAD A PRETTY FAIR SIZED “CIRCLE” OF PEOPLE AROUND THEM REGULARLY…AS I SAID PREVIOUSLY…THEY WERE GOOD GUYS, WHO ALWAYS HAD SOMETHING “GOING ON”….GUARANTEED TO MAKE YOU PI$$ YOUR PANTS (WITH LAUGHTER) …AT LEAST A COUPLE OF TIMES DURING A RACE DAY/WEEKEND…THERE PICS’ IN THE MEMBERS GALLERY OF CAR (BEFORE CRASH) AND SOME PICS’ OF PAUL &”SQUEEZE” @ YEAR END PARTY…SORRY THAT I LOST TOUCH WITH THEM (AND A LOT OF OTHERS)…THAT “ETERNAL” CHASE OF MONEY…BUSINESS…FAMILY/KIDS…AND CONTINUING TO RACE REGULARLY, ALBEIT EVEN ON A SMALLER SCALE…WELL…YOU GET THE “IDEA”…DRAKE VISCOME 🙁 😆 😀

dino
                        Keymaster

Found In ODF(T.Oshea)Gallery…Is this Bucky & Car before Crash? looking for more…………..

Attachments:

dino
                            Keymaster

FOUND IT ! took some digging (That Gallery is BIG !)Gallery 6 has more in color……………..

Attachments:

vindicator
                                Participant

HEY DINO….THAT BE BUCKY…THAT “HOLLYWOOD” DREAMBOAT!!!…LOOKING AS COOL,CALM, COLLECTED…AS ALWAYS…I’D SAY WE NEED TO FIND THESE GUYS…THEY COULD BRING AT LEAST A FEW “STORIES” (THAT EVEN COULD BE TOLD ON THIS FORUM) TO THE “TABLE”…IT’S UP TO YOU & YOUR OPERATIVES…SUPER SLUETH!! DRAKE 😆 😆 😆

dino
                                    Keymaster

Still have a post on these guys in Where Are They Now….Anybody ?: Bucky And Paul Dube ???? Dover CSI ???

dino
                                        Keymaster

Searched pretty deep for theses two and even had someone that lives there ,do a hunt…Zip. But Back to topic..the headlight rim…Part of Brain’s ‘Ttraveling Dover Museum…see the real thing at the Reunion.

vbob
                                            Participant

HEY

I found this up in the attic !
                                                ‘V’

Attachments:

dino
                                                Keymaster

Top shot -Blue and white paint ..just like Shirley had it. They just relettered it..Bottom …repainted and crashed with this paint job…STILL looking For Paul Dube And driver “Bucky” !

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.