How to CONTACT OTHER FORUM GUYS & Girls !

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION How to CONTACT OTHER FORUM GUYS & Girls !

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Just as a refresher, get asked this all the time : Here goes . . . to contact any one on the Forum all you have to do is click on their user name, where-ever you see it .You MUST be logged in to do this . Still can’t find them ….then click on Members, and find alphabetically. Click on the name.This assumes you Know their user name. Clicking on their name takes you to THEIR profile page .Thats where you can Find their E-MAIL Address OR you can ‘PM’ them- Private Message . PM’s are just like e-mail but more private . They will get an e-mail notice to go the Forum and click on the message link ….See up top under “board Index”? most of the time it will say (0 new messages) …if you have one it will say (1 new message). click on to open it up . All the info as always is at “Using The Forum” plus ther’es a FAQ up top -see the little question mark? thats got more info on how the forum works. I tell people “just click on Stuff” and see what happens. Once you do things once ,you’ll get the hang of it. Class dismissed. 😛 . . .Be back at One for Eliminations .

patina
        Participant

Thats all well and good BUTTTT most don’t have their given name and their user name, in the profile.

Pat DiStefano

In fact I just looked on my profile and there is no place for your real name.

dino
            Keymaster

“This assumes you Know their user name”

…Thats why If you Want to be contacted you can sneak it in IF you want to be known in ‘Interests’-occupation .Only registered users can access other profiles, not a casual visitor …Lot of times people put names even e-mails right in in their post. Some told us what to and whatNot to put in the Members locator Map.We put only The User Name for ODF’s and anyone else is voluntary.The Whole idea of a user name IS to allow you to be “unknown” if you wish. I can help if you really are trying to contact someone, but remember the forum IS open to the whole internet.

I put “Pat ” in search and found this in ‘member locator map’ 😉
                Pat DiStefano (pit kid)
                73 Rokeby Rd.
                Red Hook NY 12571
                Can a 45 year old race car ever see the track again?
                Were trying! by patina
                on Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:50 pm

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.