HVY70SS’s Ride

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING HVY70SS’s Ride

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    hvy70ss
    Participant

Now you all can see where my username came from. 1970 Chevelle SS (original) w/1967 396-325hp, Dynamic Turbo 400 & 10″ conv., 12 bolt w/4:56 Strange posi 33 spline axles w/C-clip eliminator. Best ET for this combo:11.75 @ 113 at Island Dragway 3800#. Ran NETO and NMCA in ’05 and ’06 (car was red then). Spent a year in the body shop. Currently running NMCA and RAM races.I got a little ink and pic in Fastest Street Car mag. Oct.08 and got a nice shot in the Nov. issue of Popular Hot Rodding at a NMCA race. A dream come true to be in a national mag! Next year will be running NETO again….real nice folks. Next season will be different …my old reliable 396 swallowed a valve last month at Island. 10 years and 197 runs later I can’t complain!! See ya,

Bob Smith

Attachments:

bobby-s

Hi Bob
            killer picture of you ride, 😮
            will be Great to see you with NETO AGAIN next season,
            know what you mean how good you feel when you get some ink in a national magazine doing something you love.
            Wiilbe at the starting line wating to get more pictures of you chevelle next season. :geek:

BOBBY S.

34gasser-65awb

Looks like it leaves hard, like a BB car should. 11s in a 3800lb car is not easy. 10years and nearly 200 runs on 1 engine is GREAT! What do you have planned for the engine rebuild?

anonymous

Hi,

Very nice car. If you don’t mind me asking, what parts are you using in the motor, crank, pitons, rods,etc. Stock, aftermarket. That is a very reliable car. You did it the right way.

Andy

hvy70ss
                    Participant

Thanks 34 Gasser and Plain……I’m looking at a 496″ street roller motor 630hp on dyno. The 396 has a hole in one head and a “window” in #2 cylinder, pretty much junk now. The 396 was a 67 2 bolt studded block, forged steel crank, late model truck rods w/arp bolts, and TRW .030 10-1 pistons. The cam was .540 lift hydraulic. The heads had stock chevy valves which led to its end. The heads were a low mileage used deal from a friend back then, can’t complain. You can get close to 500hp from a oval port 396. Just look at some of the NHRA stockers out there running 68 or 69 Chevelles…all in the mid to low 11’s @3800lbs.

Bob

billy-casey

that is one great lookin car 😛 that looks like candy tangerine , the color of my 69 camaro…

hvy70ss
                            Participant

Billy, I have to tell you the color of your 69 Super Pumpkin has been welded in my brain since ’75 or so and when I finally got a chance to do a car that color I went with it. Now you know why I was so crazy about finding pics of your car from then. Once a Dover car gets in your blood it never leaves!! It’s PPG “Orange Blast”. Thanks for the compliments……but mainly thanks for the memories!!

Bob

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.