In Memory -George Rose -Dover Vet …

Forums Forums WHERE ARE THEY NOW ? In Memory -George Rose -Dover Vet …

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Just Got this from His Wife

Robin Dering Rose
        1 hr · Greater Sun Center, FL ·
        “George passed very peacefully this morning. He told me on Sunday that he was ready, but he knew his brother John and his wife were flying down on Monday. (The first flight they could get). He wanted to wait for him. He was transferred to Hospice House, less than a mile from home yesterday afternoon. He had a few minutes of being lucid with us. He knew his brother was there. I told him that I was ok, and he could go when he was ready. He said, “I’m ready”. Those were his last words”.

………….George was originally From Poughkeepsie,last ran at Dover Drags in 2015,all the way from Florida .His T-Bucket ran 130 and he had it for over 20 years,running a lot for fun in Florida. Cool guy,struggled with cancer ,first detected in July.Told me in May he was planning to attend again this year.

Attachments:

babycakes
        Participant

My condolences go out to George’s family,for there ‘great’ loss! May he R.I.P…..Mr. Pete.

vbob
            Participant

So sorry to hear of George passing.
                He had posted that he would not be able to come this year because the cancer had to be treated again!
                He lived in Ruskin,Fla. not far from Tom Blake in Lakeland!
                Rest in peace my friend , good by for now till we meet in the staging lanes again!

‘V’

kman
                Participant

Such Sad , Sad News … Met an talked with George briefly at a car show in Lakeland Florida. You could tell right off the bat that George was a nice guy. My Condolences to the Family… May he rest in peace …

tomblake
                    Participant

Sorry to hear about George. We were both at the 7th Dover race but never met till the Lakeland car show. We talked about meeting at the 8th Dover Race or maybe at Bradenton. Again sorry we didn’t get together but like Vbob said we will meet in the staging lines of the future. RIP George.

patina
                        Participant

I don’t remember meeting him but the Dover Alumni is family and like Dover Dragstrip we won’t be around foever. Rest in Peace George we will meet someday God willing.

Pat

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.