is the Little Giant now,,,

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR is the Little Giant now,,,

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    bobby-s

Was wondering if the Lil Giant altered is the same vehicle
        now named Why Not, and still with the Sequin family.
        Son A.J. races it in NETO, mom and the second gereration pit crew members are also with him. A.J. has not been racing for the last season because of medical reasons. Just wondering I keep forgetting to ask A.J. when I see him. I’m sure he’ll have the car and crew at the reunion, was there last year and had a good time. Please don’t be hard on me with answers getting OLD you know…….

thanks, bobby schlegel

maso
        Participant
            quote BOBBY S.:

Was wondering if the Lil Giant altered is the same vehicle
            now named Why Not, and still with the Sequin family… bobby schlegel

This is interesting. I am going to stay tuned…

bobby-s

I found A.J. pictures of his 1949 Crosley Why Not in my NETO photo file
                Why Not in these pictures have rear side windows,
                Little Giant looks like a panel delivery. Hope the 2 pictures come through OK.

Bobby Schlegel

Attachments:

maso
                Participant

Somebody told me once that Brazee’s origional “Little Giant” was actually a fiberglass repro body and not Detroit iron. Anybody know that for sure. Charlie Sablis has the low down on all that and he could give us a definate identification. Could somebody contact him…?

dino
                    Keymaster

Charlie and the Waterbury-Watertown crew, all still get together. Talked to Charlie a week ago and will track down the info.

dino
                        Keymaster

Little Giant lost …SEE OTHER HEADING …a lot of Copy-cat cars…in the ODF Gallery there’s two more…one that ran from Pressleys Auto Parts (yellow )and one in prime. Charlie Sabis , partner in car , is now on the forum ! -(JR/Fuel)

dino
                            Keymaster

Here’s the Pressley Car. They had three locations…Norwalk, Bridgeport, West Haven, Ct. ( photo courtesy-Brain M. )

Attachments:

vbob
                                Participant

found this many winters ago in the woods of north western Connecticut,still there ????

Attachments:

dino
                                    Keymaster

Just looks like abandoned “stocker”‘…. Rust bucket with possible potential, if rockers not gone from ground moisture. Video Bob??? – any plans by young Breeze’s and Ziggy Sabis to ever build a “Recreation”?. Saw George’s nephew on a photo site by Googling ‘Little Giant” ,saying something way back. Gotta dig deep in the search return pages .

34gasser-65awb

Definetly an abondoned old stocker there, but could be enough left to build a Crosley “in the spirit of they who have” already done it!

storm-king

The Little Giant is what started my love of altereds. It was the first one I ever saw that almost always made clean, fast passes. It was tight. If no one else does it, I may have to build a recreation after I’m done with my Speed Sport copy. I wouldn’ t have a chevy in it though (or in anything else!) 😆 Maybe a screaming 273 on injection.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.