Jack Merkel Automotive

Forums Forums SPEED SHOPS from Dover’s past Jack Merkel Automotive

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Patina remined me ….
        “Jack Merkel Automotive sponsored a lot of cars from the city and LI the MG being one of them. Still in business on LI off of motor parkway his sons doing most of the work.”

Pat

bobby-s

I remember when Jack was with S&K in Li
            70-71’sh, he did the work on our AMC 390 that was in our
            Rebel Machine my brother & I had.

bossguy

Somebody on LI used to paint their motors purple, I’m thinkink S&K but not sure.

tomatohead
                Participant

I was at the “Automobile Shop” once ,( but not the only time ❗ ) and I know I saw “one” of the motors in the “Kandid Kamaro” it was Purple ….I seen it and NEVER forgot it ❗ ………..Dino …I am right right ❓ ………………..I think it was the time I was there with “Randy Tucker” thats how I got behind the counter and into the shop ,his car was on one of the lifts , I know you remember him Dino what a nice car he had ❗ and he was one of the nicer guys you would want to meet ❗ ………………………..tomato ❗

dino
                    Keymaster

Co-Rect Willy liked S&K

tomatohead
                        Participant

DINO ❗ I knew it 😀 thats not something you make up ❗ I wish I knew all you guys better back then , but I was just a little s#%t and really just looked all I could when I could ,it was really cool to be where all the cars that raced at Dover were right in front of me ❗ I met Randy down the street at a friend I knew who did body work I went to school with back then thats how I got in the back door of the “Automobile Shop” ….. I remember seeing Valentine, Davit , Willy and if you were ever at the counter I probably spoke to you too just didnt know all of you then ……..aaahhh the old days …………

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.