Jimi Hendrix dies today 9/18/70

Forums Forums WHERE ARE THEY NOW ? Jimi Hendrix dies today 9/18/70

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    dover1320

41 years ago jimi dies but still out sells current stars and still the best guitar player.

john-sachs-sr
        Participant

I was on my way back from Vinny T. Vitar Automotive, with a new convertor, when I heard the news on the radio.
            John

dover1320

WOW THATS COOL ,HE WOULD HAVE BEEN 68. AT THAT TIME HE HAD A NEW 69 427 STINGRAY MOTION PERFORMANCE CAR AND WAS SEEN ALL OVER THE AREA. i KNOW TWO PEOPLE THAT WERE IN IT AND HIS WHITE GUITAR FROM WOODSTOCK WAS PLAYED ON TV THE OTHER NIGHT.

vbob
                Participant
                    vbob
                    Participant
                        dino
                        Keymaster

Jimi in his vette

Attachments:

maso
                            Participant
                                quote video Bob:

I am out there somewhere in that audiance…

storm-king

How many of you know he was an Army paratrooper for a short while? He and the Army couldn’t get along though…

dino
                                    Keymaster

Stormy’s right 😯 …Found this :

Jimmy wasn’t a bad kid but mischief and guilt by association landed him in court with only a 2 year suspended sentence because the judge remarked that Jimmy was seriously considering joining the army.
                                        In 1961 Hendrix left home to join the Army. Knowing that he was going to be drafted anyway and not having a nickel to his name, Jimmy walked into the army recruiting station and signed on the dotted line. He wanted to be a parachutist with the 101st Airborne, a Screamin Eagle!
                                        n May of 1961 James Marshall Hendrix reported for duty at Fort Ord California. After basic training and three months at Fort Ord Jimmy made jump school and left for Fort Campbell Kentucky in November of 1961.
                                        He and fellow serviceman Billy Cox formed a five piece band The King Casuals and played for the troops on base. Although short-lived Hendrix was beginning to re-hone his axe man skills once again.
                                        Jimmy claimed that jumping was the most thrilling thing he ever did. Eventually he won his Screamin Eagle patch and was promoted to private 1st class in January 1962.
                                        The army was loosing its luster for Hendrix who grew tired of taking orders. He was looking for a way to leave the service. One day Jimmy managed to get his ankle caught in the sky hook before a jump. The ankle was broken and that ended his military career. Jimmy Hendrix was honorably discharged in July 1962.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.