JOE BLACK now an ODF drove Aurora 7!

Forums Forums NEW GUYS…and girls JOE BLACK now an ODF drove Aurora 7!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Hi
        … I have just joined Doverdrag.com ODF never really knew it was here. My name is Joe Black & I am the owner & driver of the Aurora 7 AG wills from S & S speedshop also the American altered wheel base dodge & the green hornet camero funny car & green hornet fire bird & last the green hornet mustang. I was at raceway park over the weekend for the 8th annual funny car reunion. I would love to participate in the dover reunion on Oct 18, but also would love to see pictures of any and all my old cars if you should have any. Please feel free to contact me on my email address joeblackgreenhornet@verizon.net . I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for your time.

Hey Joe just registered !….username: joeblack …so ya can PM at his profile

dino
        Keymaster

Just Found This !
            Joe Cirruzzo Sr. Honored At Drag Strip
            July 29, 2009
            ENGLISHTOWN, N.J. — Industry veteran Joe Cirruzzo Sr., owner of A Elegant/ELS Transportation Network of Staten Island, N.Y., and a member of the NLA Board of Directors, was honored Sunday, July 25 at Raceway Park in Englishtown, N.J. during its Nostalgia and Summer Nationals and Old Time Drags Day.
            Cirruzzo raced funny cars in the late 1960s and early 70s under the name of Joe Black, including his Chevrolet Camaro called the Green Hornet. He was a top money winner on the East Coast drag racing circuit until he retired in 1972 when his vehicle caught fire during a race. Many remember the Green Hornet team which promoted drag racing by appearing regularly at shopping centers along the East Coast where fans could have photos taken with the car and Cirruzzo.
            Cirruzzo was given a plaque on Sunday and the title of honorary starter for all races. “It was great to be honored and amazing that so many people remembered when I was racing,” Cirruzzo said. He spent the day on the track and in the pits with the racers. Jack Lippi, who raced with Cirruzzo in the 70s, had a car in the day’s race. He reminisced about losing the Iowa Nationals with Cirruzzo because he forgot to put gas in the vehicle.
            Cirruzzo was reunited with other racing peers at the track. “Many of the guys that I raced with aren’t around any longer but their sons and daughters are continuing the racing legacy,” Cirruzzo said. He has retired from racing but will continue to participate in the sport as a spectator and through the old timers’ alumni groups.
            Source:
            Linda Moore, LCT Magazine
            …….that’s a “Limo’ magazine…..Hey ! they’re calling us Old Timers !….That OLD FARTS Linda

dino
            Keymaster

……………Reason I brought THISback up was I Recieved This:
                …….I saw the picture you posted of the Aurora 7 in the Willys Topic. I have a newspaper clipping from Feb 1965 of this same car with Joe Black and Pat Guadagno. My dad Frank DeStasio raced with them at the Westhampton raceway . I’m trying to find anyone that might have known my dad, have pictures, etc. I know Joe Black is on your site and I’m going to try and contact him, but it looks like he hasn’t been on since Nov 2009.
                My dad passed away 3 months ago, so any information you might have would be greatly appreciated.
                Thank you,
                Jennifer
                JENNIFER IS now on the Forum #1000
                babysilk23
                …………ALL about Aurora 7 here> http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1240&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=aurora
                and she sent this:

Attachments:

patina
                Participant

I passed on the info of this sight to Jennifer, she had gotten ahold of me on HAMB, I thought Al Clark may be able to help out here. In any case Jennifer is #1000 😎 😎 😎
                    Pat

babysilk23

Thank you again Pat! I appreciate your help!

babycakes
                        Participant

Hey Jennifer,welcome to the no#1 sight! I got your pm from the ODF forum.Hopefully,my response will be ‘some’ help to you in reference to your Dad and the ‘Aurora 7’ A/G Willys back in the early 60’s.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.