JOE TANNER TRIBUTE …..How Do You Remember ?

Forums Forums WHERE ARE THEY NOW ? JOE TANNER TRIBUTE …..How Do You Remember ?

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    don-kauer

Well that kind of confirms Mikeys story………….Nuff said…….. 🙂

vindicator
        Participant

😆 😆 😆 Hey…U…”boyz”…is a “tough” crowd…with apparent long “memory”…dis’ wuz like 40 years ago! 😆 😆 😆 if I hadda’ count/recall all times…things didn’t exactly go our “way” i.e. CT. Dragway.E-town,Island,Lebanon Valley (just “thinkin’ somewhat local ‘eh)…over “political” decisions…”yikes” would have made the front page of NY-Post long ago (for goin’ “postal”) 😆 😆 :lol:…I’m sure by now…we all..get the “idea”…life ain’t exactly…fair…but…we gotta’ get “past” the nonsense…and go on…no…wasn’t member of FTA…but had/have much respect for each of ’em…all pretty good guys… 😀 😀 :D…and like “Wee-Willie-Clinton”…I…ABSOLUTELY….did not…have…sex…with the Lewinsky woman! 😆 😆 😆 ….HOWEVER…I…like hundreds of other male gender “species” (even…my houndawg…”Cooper”)…around the “globe”…was/is in absolutely…complete…”compliance” with Mr. Clinton’s (accepted) definition of “sex” during…Ken Starr “hearings”…which only cost the taxpayers 92 million…or so! 😆 😆 :lol:…hope we can move on the subject “matter” to brighter “times”…there are 8 million “stories” in the Naked City…they ain’t…all.. good…for sure…on this “site”…we ain’t gettin’ any younger (maybe…”biologically”…but not in calandar years ‘eh)…as I “see” it…let’s just think/recall da’…good 😆 😆 😆 …the bad/ugly is “someplace” else.. 😆 😆 :lol:Drake

dino
            Keymaster

“let’s just think/recall da’…good …the bad/ugly is “someplace” else.. Drake”
                …………………….Amen Father Viscome

digger

i worked with joe at redman chevrolet and that is a great memory, and like everyone else joe never took any short cuts inspecting my cars, always tryed to bend the rules and always got caught, thanks joe ,it was always for my own saftey. we used to laugh about it back at redman on mondays. long live the memory of both joe and charlie tanner

vindicator
                    Participant

😀 😀 😀 Hey…I stated above…my feelings about Joe & Charlie…I “stand” by it… 😀 😀 😀 that’s the way I see/saw them…not that anyone has to agree with me…but…nobody is “changing” my mind ‘eh 😆 😆 😆 …also the late Tommy Iorizzo…guess the good “news” for me…we didn’t have to race him…heard all these years ’bout “cheating”…maybe…yes…maybe no…he raced @ Raceway Park pretty often too…and won there…a bunch…Tommy was always a-ok to me on a personal basis…so that’s all I have to “say” ’bout that…as well 😀 😀 😀 Drake

digger

i remember one time going to big al and jims store,as i was walking in a little kid walked in and asked for two slices of bread,joe reached under the counter and pulled out an open loaf and took out 2 slices and the kid paid him and left,just then another kid about 10 came in and asked for two cigaretts joe reached under the counter and pulled out an open pack and gave the kid 2,the kid pays him and goes out the door.i said to joe”hows business” joes says to me “you see whats going on,i can’t keep a thing in stock”

super-sport-pete

digger,you got my memory going again.in 1970 friends of mine built a 57 chev gasser. straight front axle,tilt nose, hillborn, pontiac rear,2 partners.i was crew ,you might say.we were all 16-18.turned into a show piece,alum firewall custom int.,paint.we did all the work ourselves, except interior.JOE T. checked it out w/CHARLIE the first day and went over it with a fine toothed comb.it passed! then charlie lettered it w/the brush + water paint and spelled out GAS ! very classy. remember they changed colors every week.but,they claimed 292 c.i. it was 338! it was a trophy car only.joe gave us all an atta boy and we went on w/some r&d about injection,2 wheel brakes,and pinion angles.

don-kauer
                                    quote vindicator:

😀 😀 😀 Hey…I stated above…my feelings about Joe & Charlie…I “stand” by it… 😀 😀 😀 that’s the way I see/saw them…not that anyone has to agree with me…but…nobody is “changing” my mind ‘eh 😆 😆 😆 …also the late Tommy Iorizzo…guess the good “news” for me…we didn’t have to race him…heard all these years ’bout “cheating”…maybe…yes…maybe no…he raced @ Raceway Park pretty often too…and won there…a bunch…Tommy was always a-ok to me on a personal basis…so that’s all I have to “say” ’bout that…as well 😀 😀 😀 Drake

Tommy was a close friend and never minded telling and showing me where he was at…….We butted heads at the track and I actually got to take him out a couple of times at National and Englishtown………After we both left racing we fished and hung out alot …I went to see Tommy often his last year and like Billy I miss Tommy also………..I miss you too Drake but you and I are still here, thank God……. 😀 ……..Don……..

vindicator
                                    Participant

😀 😀 😀 Hey Don…maybe we’re still on the planet…payin’ some “dues”…for lives “lived”…as they were/are! 😆 😆 😆 …my mom & dad always told me for years…some day…U (I)…gonna’ have to pay the “price”…for all the proverbial…”wild-child” days/ways ‘eh 😆 😆 😆 ..Tommy like Billy… both…always “looked” like poster boyz “duo” for health…some day…maybe we’ll “know” how/why…life (on this planet) “works”…the way…it does! 😀 😀 😀 Drake…p.s. “nice”…to know ya’ miss me…”hoss”… 😆 😆 😆

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.