JOHN MACEY & Margo Alive and Well

Forums Forums WHERE ARE THEY NOW ? JOHN MACEY & Margo Alive and Well

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Got this interesting e-mail to share with you…………………………..

“Hi, my name is Jackie..
        I am the middle son of John and Margo Macey, I came out to Mesquite NV for the AC Delco NHRA Event and SEMA show and to spend time with my parents which is where I found your site while looking for CT Dragway info. Just so you know both my parents are fine, alive and well. I showed my dad some of the pictures on your website and it brought back some memories of the day.”

Big John Macey !…another Dover Favorite found !

Attachments:

dino
        Keymaster

Just got this from Big John ! (He’s on the Forum too now)

“HELLO DINO
            I AM JOHN MACEY WHO RACED THE HEADS UP BARRACUDA AND THE 1970 LEAD ZEPPELIN CUDA AT DOVER FOR MANY YEARS. MY IN LAWS FRED AND MARION ROUFF ALSO HAD THE SAME PLEASURE. I AM GLAD TO SEE THAT YOU ARE KEEPING THE MEMORIES GOING.

IF YOU HAVE ANY PHOTO’S OF THESE TWO CARS I WOULD LOVE TO GET COPIES AS I HAVE NONE. PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

JOHN S MACEY (HEADS UP AND LEAD ZEPPELIN)”

[Got photos of both In ODF gallery and check our Historical Forum PHOTO section submitted by forum members….edit-dino]

vindicator
            Participant

😀 😀 😀 HEY JOHN & MARGO…HERE’S A LITTLE MEMORY “TEST”…WE BOUGHT YOUR SILVER/MAROON HEMI (THE SS/AA CAR ’68 CUDA OR WAS IT SS/BA THEN??)…FOR A GUY… IN THE COUNTRY OF NORWAY…HE STILL HAS IT..AND STILL RACES IT ON OCCASION…STILL HAS THE REAR LICENSE PLATE…I BELEVE IT SAID “FAIRFIELD GARBAGE”…MIGHT HAVE A PHOTO OR TWO…IF “ONLY”..WE BOTH HAD ANY IDEA..OF WHAT THE VALUE OF THOSE CARS WOULD BECOME !!??**…I GUESS IT WUZ’ WHAT IT WUZ’…AND IT IS WHAT IT IS !!! HOPE ALL IS WELL & HEALTHY FOR YOU…YOU WERE THE “REAL” RACER’S (BOY,YOU CHRYSLER GUYS’!!) RACER…AND MARGO’S FAMILY.. THE ROUFF’S WERE AWFULLY AWESOME TOO… 😀 😀 😀 DRAKE VISCOME

dino
                Keymaster

Found this for ya John…

Attachments:

gramdog1
                    Participant

Hey, John, this is Ron Rickman- Rick’s younger brother. The last time we saw this car it wasn’t quite “heads Up” Conn. Dragway. My brother-in-law Tony and I flatbedded it home.
                        Alas, Rick and Charlie have gone to the “Great Staging Area”, hope all is well with you guys
                        Ron R.

dino
                        Keymaster

John & Margo’s Daughter, Jo-Ann on the forum now ! user name—- lilly57

paul-ceasrine

Hello John,

This is Paul Ceasrine.You may remember my fathers car, in 1968 while you were racing “Heads Up”, your 68′ SS/BA Cuda (which by the way was our all-time favorite car at
                                Dover), my father also raced a fastback Cuda, a 67′ 273 Commando in J/S. It was black with
                                yellow hood, roof and trunk. No mags, just steel wheels. We used to set up in the pits at the end of the track, near the last small grandstand. You usually set up at the end also.
                                You might remember us because, we were the only other Cuda fastback at Dover. My father eventually lettered the car “The Shadow”, running K/S and L/S, before switching to a 340 in 73′, which he painted green and re-lettered it “The Shadow II”, and ran SS/I.
                                Believe it or not, I have several photo’s of “Heads Up” sitting at the end of the pits. The photo’s are from August 68′. Beutiful photo’s, as it was the end of the day and the sun was jetting setting in the background. The pictures are when you had the Keystone steel wheels on the car, and Harris Auto Sales. Hard to believe it’s been 41 years, and I still have the photo’s.
                                Loved your car. Us Cuda’s have to stick together. I was only 11 at the time, but if I recall, I think you may have won $$/Eliminator or were in the finals. Did the Cuda run 10.80’s?
                                That number sticks in my mind. Also, remember the 70′ Cuda briefly. Was that an SS/DA
                                car, as was Charlie Castaldo’s 70′ Hemi Challenger. One question, in late 1972 or 1973,
                                did you have a 67′ Belvedere Hemi station wagon that ran SS/FA. I recall that wagon, it was lettered Lead Zeppelin, and ran 11.60’s the day I was at Dover. I remember it so well, because
                                the wagon was matched up with one of our friends who had a 68′ Nova “Goldilocks” that ran
                                SS/HA in $$/Eliminator. Was that Zeppelin wagon yours, because I have a photo of the wagon somewhere in my stash.

Paul

dino
                                Keymaster

Paul….JMACEY is on the Forum..so is Jo-ann…Mostly nobody in the family posts anything..just e-mails me like son jackie did ,and how this thread started . I copy & post their messages.this was my post from getting the e-mail from Jackie . Hope they’re all peeking in .

storm-king

I’m surprised this thread is still just one page! I’ve got some good pics of Heads Up and the Zepplin that I just need to scan. Candid pics of John with his plaid shorts and my brother back when he was skinny. (Weren’t we all?)

dino
                                        Keymaster

found this “in the ODF Vault”

Attachments:

dino
                                            Keymaster

Storm ? find those Photos yet ?…Contacted jmacey …waiting for reply

storm-king

Yeah, I can email ’em to ya.

dino
                                                    Keymaster

Joann Just sent me this !….

‘Yes, we do plan on attending the reunion in September. Margo and Mace are coming in from Nevada if everything goes right.
                                                        Regards,
                                                        Jo-Ann

storm-king

Hey Dino, didja get the Macey shots I sent ya?

. . . . .yes …check your private messages I’ll post these Soon.**[ edit-dino]

peter426

Hello all. I found this picture online (somewhere!) recently and wanted to share it with John and the group.

Enjoy,

Peter

Attachments:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.