Johnny Maestro gone at 70

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Johnny Maestro gone at 70

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    don-kauer

Mr. Doo Wop, Johnny Maestro died late yesterday after a long illness…..He became popular with his first group The Crests with their big hit Sixteen Candles, one of many…He was with The Brooklyn Bridge from the late 60’s until present. and wrote many songs for his group and others………..I saw him many times live ………He will be sorely missed in the music world ……………… 😥 …………….

bobby-s

I was honore to MC two shows Johnny did for the Volunteer Firemans Association
            I was president of at the time, ( the association did Oldie shows for 25 yrs straight)
            he was a performer and with the Brooklyn Bridge
            did not cut anything out of his performances for the Doo Woper’s in the audiance,
            no matter if he did a show at a local high school or Radio City Music Hall,
            he had you leaving the show spell bound,
            he will be missed,
            I got this link from Anthony C.
            please read it,

thanks
            Bobby S.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/state/singer-johnny-maestro-dies-in-fla-battled-cancer-444770.html

billy-casey

went to his shows a few times , the last i saw him was about 9 years ago at playland in rye , N.Y. , it was I think the best show I ever went to , 2 hours none stop , and his voice was still as good as it was 40 years ago , he definately will be missed , he had a very large following… Billy

bobrizzi

Billy me and Ozzie caught him years ago in the Bronx on some place on Boston Post Road that used to be a Bowling Alley. A great show.Man he had some voice even Ozzie kept quite …… I’ll call you tomorrow Riz~~

dino
                    Keymaster

My Brother And I did the Sound System for him once at Tavern on the Green-NYC..hosted by Alen Freed. Late sixties …boy how did I remember that .?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.