JULY 4th —Mid Day Report-Brian Busy !

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION JULY 4th —Mid Day Report-Brian Busy !

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Brian says he’ll try to get down to Big Al’s car show today…………..Called Grover at 11:30 am And he was Parking Cars At Big Al’s with Smokey….Said “it look like rain, starting to cloud over …..Vidoe Bob on his patio …he had a rough week working and said it was a georgeous sunny day there. Called a few cell phones to try to get conditions at Lebanon…no answer- Thats GOOd …means noisy ,busy …indicates there running …back in a flash with a regional northeast weather report .

dino
        Keymaster

Hey this is trick—– go to http://www.dragway.com thats lebanon’s website ……click on weather, then click on: hour by hour and there it is ! cool mid 70’s overcast or sunny and NO RAIN …they be jammin’! good weather site is http://www.wunderground.com nice animated rader when you nose around and click on animate after your first type in proper zip code and you can also find hour by hour forcast ….nice -HOT -down here -N.C. so theres the weather !

dino
            Keymaster

……..Brian hit Big Al’s Show and handed out ODF forms to everyone. Most were going to finish the day at the Marcus Cruise. No Rain -good Show. THEN Brian did some Archeology at the Old Track Location ! …He dug around until He actually hit (About 5 inches Down) The Actual original Tech Lane Jack up Cement slabs ! …He’s persistant. No report on Lebanon…I’ll leave that up to the guys .Here’s his Son Edward after they dug and hit ‘Pay-dirt” ah…”Cement”

Attachments:

dino
                Keymaster

Here’s Brian’s Son EDWARD !…On the job with ODF forms at Big Als Show

Attachments:

dino
                    Keymaster

More from ‘THE BIG AL SHOW” …..Nice MUG SHOT of AL……….photos by Brian:

Attachments:

dino
                        Keymaster

More From Al’s Show:

Attachments:

masracingtd1167
                            Participant

Mas racing checking in.went to Lebanon for the divisional with both cars this weekend BJ qualified no5 with a 6.90 at 195mph I got my little small block in at no 35 with a 7.56 later ran a7.44 I still have a smile on my face . BJ made it down to 4 cars did a great job very proud of him. Had a nice talk with patina he was the only other guy I saw wearing a Dover shirt.then this guy comes up to me and tells me he raced at dover with a 32 ford and still has it! an hour later he comes back driving the 32 just to show me! the gentlemans name is Bob Mc Dowell .he drives the car on the street now .dose this name ring a bell with any one. Dale Hall came up with his son Scott on friday another top dragster racer . Really nice to talk to Dale about some of the old day’s of junior fuel and comp . also met another Dover guy Larry Archer said he was the time slip guy . None of these guys own A computer but all said they will try to come to th reunion or the October race All in all it was a great weekend . Oh I almost forgot about Digger Dave he and his wife came up on Sunday I had him sit in my car just so he can remember what it’s like ! I took some pictures and will put them up some time this week. Gonna get some sleep now im’e pooped.

tomatohead
                                Participant

Mas how cool is that , ❗ that just people seeing you wearing a “DOVER” shirt can make a guy go back and get his car and come and show it to you , He likes cars and MISSES DOVER VERY MUCH !!! more then once and more then three times 😆 I too have had people tell me when they saw the shirt that I was wearing “That They Raced At Dover” ………..one guy even said “Man thats an Old Shirt” … an boy did I straighten him out 😆 :!:….I told him it was a “New Old Shirt” 😆

masracingtd1167
                                    Participant

You are so right Tomato just talking about Dover makes me feel like a kid again!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.