Jungle Jim movie in the works

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Jungle Jim movie in the works

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    anonymous

Hi Guys,

I just heard that after a two-year effort involving Pam Hardy, Bobby Doerrer and the Liberman family, a working script has been approved and most of the funding is in place to produce a feature-length movie on the life and times of “Jungle” Jim Liberman.

Andy Panessa

Attachments:

dino
        Keymaster

AH yes “Jungle Pam” lot of info out there ….stand by !
            Video Bob ….Chime in here ..Got any Jungle -Dover shots ???

click HERE !>>> http://www.junglepam.com/

dino
            Keymaster

THIS IS FROM http://www.dragracingonline.com

Jungle Jim movie in the works…
                Agent 1320 learned today that after a two-year effort involving Pam Hardy, Bobby Doerrer and the Liberman family, a working script has been approved and most of the funding is in place to produce a feature-length movie on the life and times of “Jungle” Jim Liberman.

Some prominent names involved in the drag racing industry are mentioned as investors in the project. The working title is “Six-Second Love Affair.” The Agent reminded his source that there has already been a drag racing movie produced with the title “Seven-Second Love Affair.” Whatever the title turns out to be, a movie on the life and times of Jungle Jim should make a great movie!

ALSO found this post by Berzerko Bob at http://www.classicfunnycars.com

“I know we’ve all heard about a lot of drag racing movies that never happened but this deal has legs. I’ve got the screenplay sitting right in front of me as I’ve been consulting with the writing team for over four years to make it as period correct as can be. You’ll hear more about it over the winter
                Bezerko Bob” (edit-dino)

anonymous

i supplied alot of parts for the movie “heart like a wheel” the shirley story

vbob
                    Participant

here’s one

Attachments:

anonymous

Hi Guys,

If they make the movie, will they tell the true story of his life? I remember him from the match race days. Here is a picture of his wife Bobbi.

Andy

Attachments:

dino
                            Keymaster

DIGGER…that was a “Teaser “about the Shirley movie, Tell em the whole deal ! “Shake,Rattle & Roll” thing

anonymous

go ahead dino your better at that than i am

dino
                                    Keymaster

OK (wimp)………….A long long time ago…in land far away…there was basicly only one source for real, authentic 50’s style custom car accessories. That planet was “Shake,Rattle & Roll” …Digger Daves mail order business that operated out of my sign shop for awile in Danbury Ct. So when the Prop guy for the movie “Heart like a Wheel ” needed to dress up the movie cars depicting Shirley And her husbands early street racing scenes ,Dave Was the source. there . Now back to the subject :JUNGLE JIM movie…I’l keep in touch with Berzerko Bob on this .

anonymous

because ” i,m digger and your not”

hvy70ss
                                            Participant

Jungle Jim’s Camaro (rare reddish orange) around 1970 at Dover. Notice the blur in the pic? Thats the fence…I was too young to get in the “hot car” pits!

Bob Smith

Attachments:

dino
                                                Keymaster

WAS it a “hired” driver ? or JIM himself and I just Don’t remember details- “if Pam Was there?”

hvy70ss
                                                    Participant

Dino,
                                                        Good question…..I know JJ ran two cars alot and I believe there were two Camaro’s at this time,, this one and the regular “JJ blue” one. CALLING ALL TRIVIA EXPERT’S “TO THE TOWER” FOR A MEETING! Maybe we can get an answer?

Bob

anonymous

Hi Guys,

Jim switched colors a few times. Clar Sanders drove the second car and beforw that Roy Harris drove one of the vegas.

Andy Panessa

dino
                                                            Keymaster

BEEN about 7 months….Any more news on this Movie ???

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.