JUST DOVER ALL THE WAY

Forums Forums DINO’S PHOTO PICK OF THE WEEK JUST DOVER ALL THE WAY

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

What could Be Better…A Packed House ….Doc at the Line in the Winternationals Champ…Al at his best and Dover on the quarter panel …Says it all

Attachments:

maso
        Participant

Did he really win with that at the Pamona Winternationals…???

gramdog1
            Participant

Maso,check your NHRA history,I believe Bill Jenkins drove the car at Pomona.

maso
                Participant
                    quote Gramdog1:

Maso,check your NHRA history,I believe Bill Jenkins drove the car at Pomona.

Dog…

Did Doc Burgess buy that car from the Grump…?

Did Broderick ever line up against this car…?

dino
                    Keymaster

Maso We’re ya been? better search Burgess or Black Arrow and get up to Speed.Quick Refresher…Doc gets car from Bill Stiles…Has Grump set it and take to Winternationals …Wins ,Reterns car to Always rightful owner Doc. Doc runs it for about a year Legal…beef’s it up for match racing -then does the A/FX altered Wheelbase and Injected engine…Match races it for awhile…Sells to Smrtics….who turn it into StormKing II …Take Motor out and put in Pro Stock Storm King …trash the Body And DAT is the Condensed History. Search …Like I said …About 3 hours of History on the Car ALL over the place Here .AND we ARE the First To DOCUMENT THE whole Real Story! From The Doc himself And the Smrtics….PLUS found and posted unseen photos after 40 years ,Never been Seen Just Like This one..

maso
                        Participant

You know what…?!

I fell out of the whole drag racing scene at the end of the 1964 season. I didn’t get back into it until ESPN started televising NHRA on the wide screen of the sports bar where I hang out in Miami.

gramdog1
                            Participant

I’m shocked,I tell you shocked. Maso hanging out in a Bar. 😀 😀

mikey
                                    quote Gramdog1:

I’m shocked,I tell you shocked. Maso hanging out in a Bar. 😀 😀

Well hell, if I knew that, I would have found a bar by the hotel at Island. Had a few beers with Brian at Ruby Tuesdays, but they threw us out before we could “over beverage”. 😮 😯 😆 😆 😆

dino
                                    Keymaster

Wonder if “Doc” ever popped in ol Sam’s after a day a Dover ? If I remember he was a tea-totaler …except for what he put in the tank of the Arrow to feed those Hilborns.

don-kauer
                                            quote dinotheweirdo:

What could Be Better…A Packed House ….Doc at the Line in the Winternationals Champ…Al at his best and Dover on the quarter panel …Says it all

Now I’m a Bowtie fan all the way but I DID have a huge thing for the Black Arrow…..I woke up to see a pic of one of my favorite cars this morning and it made my day……….(I did not want Storm King to know about my closet love for a few Mopars) 😆 😆 😆 ……..Great shot Dino!!!!! 😀 😀 😀

patina
                                            Participant
                                                quote Maso:

You know what…?!

I fell out of the whole drag racing scene at the end of the 1964 season. I didn’t get back into it until ESPN started televising NHRA on the wide screen of the sports bar where I hang out in Miami.

Maso didn’t it just start 😆 😆 😆 Where you racing chariots in the colosium with Nero 🙄 🙄 🙄

Pat

maso
                                                Participant

I said “Drag Racing” not Round Track”.

storm-king

Oiy! Dino; Doc bought the car from Bud Faubel (“Honker”) not Stiles.
                                                        Doc had Stiles build the motors when he left Jenkins, which was probably in ’66.
                                                        Jenkins never owned the car, he just drove it when Doc’s DVM practice kept him too busy to travel to events.

dino
                                                        Keymaster

Faubel right…SO much info here …gets even ME confused….By the way …We have NEW slides converted and coming my way from Brian showing the Storm King running The Black Arrow !

storm-king

That’s great, Bill will love that. We wiped a cam that weekend. We were going to have a two out of three with Doc, but we broke. Very, very unusual for us.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.