Just For Fun…Me ‘DUH" doing old Moroso sign

Forums Forums DINO’S PHOTO PICK OF THE WEEK Just For Fun…Me ‘DUH" doing old Moroso sign

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

There I am in my shop, working on a 3 ft. wide old timey sign. Making it look like it’s been behind the barn for 32 years .Weathering tricks and distressed antiquing processes. Created edge ‘rust’ and flat ,banged up paint condition. Actually a brand new composite alum laminated panel.Lot of spray paint and patina stuff….. took off my driving glasses to see up close. went to put them back on and discovered this.

Attachments:

dino
        Keymaster

here’s what I was working on. A old time looking tin style sign for forum member Al Baran to put on his memorabilia wall .OK Drag veterans ….By It’s Shape , who’s logo is it ?

Attachments:

340swinger
            Participant

Moroso!

dino
                Keymaster

yup …with the original Greenwich address…was that Too easy?

dino
                    Keymaster

So here’s the Finished “Old-Timey” sign for Al with all the distressed stuff in place …close-up shows weathered edges with rust courtesy of red filler primer and finger painting. Hit this thing with everything in the Sign Artists “how to make a sign look old ” book. He wanted “patina’…he got patina.

Attachments:

mikey

Dino, it looks perfect to me. You really do nice work. ……………………Mikey :mrgreen:

babycakes
                            Participant

I second that!!! NICE Dino, alot of attention to ‘perfect’ detail! 😉

anonymous

Dino,
                                    You made it in time for Christmas like you promised. Looks great. Just the right patina that I wanted.
                                    You should show the other sign when you do it and I wll explain the history on it.

dino
                                    Keymaster

HERE ya go Al…the Famous ‘Ace Café” …home of the original “Café Racers” back in the Mod & Rocker days

Check This out..:
                                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWK_CzxyZ3o

Attachments:

topgun
                                        Participant

🙂 🙂 Dino
                                            awesome you do nice work keep it up
                                            topgun

anonymous

The you-tube video pretty much explains it. The sign is going over my 69 Triumph that I restored. Don’t ride it anymore because I’m to old to kick-start.
                                                I’m sure a lot of you guys were into the Brit bike thing back in the day.

tomblake
                                                Participant

albaran….Motocross was one of the most exciting sports I participated in. Charleston SC had two tracks back in the late 60’s and early 70’s. We got to travel around the south as we got better at racing. The 69 CZ motorcycle in the pictures, I still have in the shed out back. Anyone racing back than would remember the “On Any Sunday” movie, must have watched it 200 times and have all four of the DVD’s.

Attachments:

tomblake
                                                    Participant

Dino….sorry for stepping on your thread. Looks like the wrong place and even the wrong site but saw albaran’s “brit bike” and thought dirt bike. Than looked at the title and saw the “DUH” and thought that’s me. Remove it if you want.

mikey

I think it’s a perfect post, Tom. Lookin’ good!! :mrgreen:

dino
                                                            Keymaster

Nah…Bikes -brits- old stuff…English invasion…all part of the memories.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.