Kandid Kamaro !

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR Kandid Kamaro !

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    tomatohead
    Participant

where is Willys car ………………???

paul-ceasrine

Mr. Tomato,

The 69′ Camaro “Kandid Kamaro” E/MP car of Willie’s ended up in Jefferson Valley.
            After Willie left “The Automobile Shop” (Bill Davitt’s place) on Adams Street in Bedford Hills,
            he went to work for Jay Hansmann at Jefferson Valley Service Station, on the corner
            of Route 6N and Route 6 in Jefferson Valley (214 East Main Street), which is right up the street from my fathers former machine shop.
            The Camaro was their (I think in 74′). Parked on the right side of the service station, with the engine pulled out. Willie was putting together a 55′ or 56′ Chevy during that time, I think possibly to run as a Gasser. The Chevy was in one of Jays’ bays, when tragedy
            struck Willie.
            Not sure what happened to either car, Jay who still owns the service station would probably know. I may be guessing, but I think the 302 engine from the Camaro was going in the
            Chevy. ❓
            Who could forget the monster hole-shots that car pulled. The whole body twisted like
            a pretzel. Willie was pretty cruel to that car, with those high-rev launches.
            Anyone remember (I think in 72″) a time-trial match race between Bill Casey’s Super Pumpkin and the Kandid Kamaro. I do. …..NOW THAT WAS A FUN DRAG RACE TO WATCH.

Paul

dino
            Keymaster

heresssssssssssss Willy

Attachments:

anonymous

Hey Dino,

I need one of those hoods like the one on the Kandid Camaro so I can try to get my 1969 Pro Stock Camaro to our race at Island in Oct. Can’t find a pro stock scoop from 1969 anywhere so far. Maybe someone knows of one?

Andy Panessa

tomatohead
                    Participant

hey ❗ busted is this the scoop you are looking for ❓ Rod-n-Race in Martinsburg WV sells them 304-262-9888 http://www.rodnrace.com ………………..tomato

Attachments:

tomatohead
                        Participant

is this the one you are looking for ❓

Attachments:

tomatohead
                            Participant

BUSTED ❗ is This the one ❓ ❓ http://www.speedwaymotors.com has this one and others GM style tunnel ram ,”Grump Lump” 😆 ❗ hope this helps you out ❗ so you can make the race ❗ ………tomato ❗

Attachments:

anonymous

Hey Tomatohead,

Thanks Joe for the info on the scoop. I found that the Grump Lump is made by Bodyparts Unlimited in Buffalo, NY. I will call them later today.

Andy

tomatohead
                                    Participant

COOL ❗ hope it works out for ya ❗ I think my next “Dover Clone” is going to be the “Kandid Kamaro” 😆 ……………………………………now where can I get some white bucket seats ❗ ………..”T”

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.