Kevin Dunn sends Another Mother Load !

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Kevin Dunn sends Another Mother Load !

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Kevin Dunn (doesn’t even have a computer!) sent us a Mother Load ! This is another of those super Finds ! …Try 689 Color Slides ! gonna take some time and bucks to sort, edit & convert these babies ! They all to be in excellent condition (Kept in Boxes).The now deceased Bill Cullin took them and they span many years. Kevin Ran the Willys ,Cy has now . His Current one is Orange and takes to Reunions. Thought you’de like to see how his old one looked in ’68 . . . . . . .

Attachments:

maso
        Participant
            quote dinotheweirdo:

Kevin Dunn (doesn’t even have a computer!) sent us a Mother Load ! This is another of those super Finds ! …Try 689 Color Slides

Oh…!!!

I want to see them all… and the other new ones too.

But…

You’re going to run out of bandwidth for all that…!

Maybe you should just consider putting ALL of the available pictires on a CD-ROM and sell that to us and distribute it by mail.

How many have you got beyond Kenin’s 689 that haven’t been posted yet in the ODF section…?

dino
            Keymaster

Maso…only about 30 or 40…we just have to finish editting. We put up Everything as fast as we can …time permitting from regular work…got plenty of room for many more …thats why ther’e in thumbnail pop-ups. Brian has some more stuff coming too, yet to arrive. Kevins stuff will take some time to covert…gotta wait as budget allows.

dino
                Keymaster

Spent late night hours looking at ALL the slides ! Here’s what I found…..Most are from 1962 – 1965. And each one has the date stamped into it !Many have notes of the car owner ,car name & class! Interesting ….Before I worked there, so many cars ,I am not familiar with. How ’bout the “Black Widow ” dragster …The “Glass Slipper” IN COLOR-…it’s a neat Blue-Green metallic …the Lavender “Road Knights” Pick-up Altered….Don Garlits-’62…Connie Kalitta….and a bunch of “crashed” cars…Coupes And Roadsters…and funky short W.B. Dragsters…Clubs I never heard of …”The Aristocrats ” ? And then A few from ’74-“75 ?…Super Pumpkin Camaro ,Landy,Wild Bill Flynn and the stuff like that .None from “66-’73 ..don’t know why .This Definatly Fills The Gap of Dover History ,I was needing in all projects. An incredible find ,we are indebted to Kevin Dunn for. He took the effort to track down Bills brother ,who graciously “turned over ” the collection to us. Great color,angles and above all…HISTORY IS SAVED.We will respect and perserve this almost lost treasure of photographic Dover history. Due to high costs of converting with high end equipment (which is the only way to go)..I have opted to do about 100 at a time. As always ,I will “preview” and post a bunch for all to enjoy, on the regular forum. I am also looking into some of Bill’s “classic” shots to be available as prints or posters or some sort of collage of Images. When we get our thoughts together I’ll tell ya all about It. All I can Say after checking them all out …Is I’m just astounded at this find…You want Old Skool grass roots Dragin At Dover ? this is it. Early sixties …and UNSEEN for ALL THIS TIME . it just gets better …….Our Other Collections Fill in with Mid to Late 60’s T.O’Shea and the others …Almost 3000 photos !

vbob
                    Participant

HEY
                        Gonna have ta get movin Dino, Mr. Dunn told me today Sat., he has ‘another’ BIG BOX of slides to ship to you !!

‘V’

dino
                        Keymaster

😯 …..Oh no !…Maybe the missing years will show up (66-73 ?)..Still sorting and cataloging by year and subject….these little buggers are a job in themselves !

dino
                            Keymaster

Just sent out first 100 to be converted.Sorted the remaining 500 or so By Year !…that took a while . Determined bulk of them from ’63-’65. With a bunch from ’62 running second in count. See our new ‘concept’ idea ,in ODF Gallery Update…as the collection will be almost 30% of the idea. IF Randy ever does an article on old timey Rails or altereds…we have plenty of examples of “back yard” engineeering with these slides. Some very strange conglomerations of bodies and chassis .

cyv
                                    quote dinotheweirdo:

Kevin Dunn (doesn’t even have a computer!) sent us a Mother Load ! This is another of those super Finds ! …Try 689 Color Slides ! gonna take some time and bucks to sort, edit & convert these babies ! They all to be in excellent condition (Kept in Boxes).The now deceased Bill Cullin took them and they span many years. Kevin Ran the Willys ,Cy has now . His Current one is Orange and takes to Reunions. Thought you’de like to see how his old one looked in ’68 . . . . . . .

Hey Dino,

I was up at Kevin’s when he had them sprawled all over the kitchen table! We were looking at them on his slide projector till it broke! As you know, I have his old pickup. It changed owners throughout the years and by the time I got it, it was a wreck! There literally was nothing left to it. I met Kevin through Charlie Stephens in Ohio who I had mentioned to that I wished I knew the history of my car. A year later I got a call from Kevin and we’ve been good friends ever since. I’ll have to send you some pics of my car when I first got it.
                                    I was up Kevin’s yesterday and we were talking about how I’d love to have you paint it. The problem is, the glass nose and doors are so old and brittle, I can’t keep them from cracking anymore. I fix em, shoot em with primer and wait for it to crack again.

Cy

dino
                                    Keymaster

Do we have any Old Skool Body-men that might shead some light on how to restore old glass to prep for paint.??? maybe some guys that specialize in old Covettes…Would be great if we can ‘save’ the original stuff.

patina
                                        Participant

I’m no expert at all but do play one in the shop. I would get some stranded fiberglass mat and lay in another layer on the inside of the nose. It should definitely stop it from flexing, I have done some vette repair work and fiberglass work on things and you would be amazed how strong that stuff is when you layer it. Good Luck.

Dino wheres my trophy, I see I’m an “Eliminator Winner” now

Pat “Huh?’ gotta race for those,[ edit-dino]

dino
                                            Keymaster

Just sent out THE WHOLE LOAD to be converted…Our ACE Historian, Brian M. found a highly Technical Lab. in his area that was far superior to what we found. Brian has our “Slide Collection Baby” and will get the job done. While in contact with Brian on a weelkly almost daily basis….we know he’s on the trail of some new surprising discoveries ! plus his old GtO getting the Motor freshened up for the Dover Drags And the Danbury Reunion .

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.