Lagana’s CHEVAMOCO FOUND !

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR Lagana’s CHEVAMOCO FOUND !

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Randy Dunlap in Michigan called to inform us ,his buddie Jim Dunlap is the new owner of THE ORIGINAL Lagana “CHEVAMOCO” found rusting in a Michigan field.We blasted out e-mail every bit of info & Photos we had. He sent these shots back and said:
        ” thank you so much For All the Photos and Research .I sent them to Jim the owner. We need to know what fuel tank he used and where it was located also was the whole bottom of the car yellow or just the frame rails?
        This is how it looked last week. All tore down now its in pretty rough shape but looks good in pictures.” thanks Randy…
        ….Then Jim sent this:
        “Hey Dino !!!!!! GREAT hearing from you, this is Jim Sandlin in
        Michigan the owner of CHEVAMOCO, thanks for responding to my BUDDY Randy, he’s my adopted brother who ‘s helping me restore Chevamoco to the way it was in 1965. Randy and my brother “SPANKY” met Bobby last summer at a Drag
        strip and exchanged some preliminary info. But as faith would have it, Bobby and my Brother pass away before we could complete his DREAM of restoring the car.. Randy and I have taken on completing his project in TRIBUTE to both of them… Any and all information, picture and data that you can provide will be DEEPLY DEEPLY APPRECIATED !!!! We’ll stay in touch with you and and others that knew Bobby. I’ll send you some pictures in the next couple of days to show you where we’re at. Again THANKS for your Interest and HELP !!! Jim S.
        I Have Jim’s Home & Cell numbers to pass on to ‘qualified ‘ guys.They want to connect with anybody that knew the car and were crew members .My Next post here will be Historical Shots to jog your Memory.

Attachments:

patina
        Participant

Is that all you got? Who,What, Where, When. Inquiring minds want to know.

Pat
            ……………..That’s It For Now…we stay in touch.They have it torn down and beginning the sandblasting . Called up to check on the paint…it was a early 60’s Chrysler metallic blue. They talked at length about the car with Bobby, as he stated. Said today that Bobby told them not to go the expense of a 427 and use a 454 . Jim said today they have all the engine parts and are starting to assemble the engine. I asked if it could be ready and come east for our race…he said it wouldn’t probably be done. I told him bring it in Any condition….the fans will be all over it…We’ll see ,he said. Ok …now for some old shots…..Dino

dino
            Keymaster

Dinos way back machine ….set to 1966…Thanks To Bobby Schlegel, Tom Blake and others….Scroll up to read the beginning.

Attachments:

dino
                Keymaster

I’ll be checking in with theses guys next week to get more history and post their progress. Now..WHO in our group knows OR was on the crew to answer some tech questions they have?

dino
                    Keymaster

Walter Hasselman sent this:
                        Hi Dino, That’s a great picture! The last time I saw the Falcon it was out in the weather in Michigan! Bobby called me about 2 years ago I guess about a year or so before he passed and said that he had located his Falcon! I shot over to his shop and sure enough, he was sitting there with the wood stove burning looking at a picture of the car with a big smile on his face. We spent that entire day reflecting on the times. Sure, be more than happy to pass on how Bobby built Chevamoco and who was involved.

hvy70ss
                        Participant

Imagine seeing that next to Bad News and Hellzapoppin at a Dover Nostalgia race? Now that would be an awesome display!

Bobby Smith

dino
                            Keymaster

They’re sending me some current photos and I’m working on them to bring it in Any condition…the Folks want to touch see smell.

patina
                                Participant

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Anything???????

dino
                                    Keymaster

The guys called and said regrettably ,they can’t make the race this year.Work continuing and they’ll send photos. The DID say they’ll be the FIRST Ones there-next year.

dino
                                        Keymaster

THIS YEAR ….YES! More Photos Coming They’re E-mailing me back the latest .

dino
                                            Keymaster

Just In with Date on photo

Attachments:

dino
                                                Keymaster

IT’s Getting Painted TODAY! Heres How They Found It

Attachments:

dino
                                                    Keymaster

Champion Auto Engineering BLUE

Attachments:

dino
                                                        Keymaster

To end the confusion…I’ve ‘bundled” all the posts HERE:…It Getting LETTERED !

All the body panels are on the car getting lettered this week.we will start putting the engine back in soon not sure when we will post any pictures might just keep it under raps till the show might be more fun when every body gets to see in person I will talk to the owner on what he wants to do till…
                                                            by TeamchevamocoMon Mar 09, 2015 9:12 pm

We had a small setback the bodyshop where the car is the buildings had a fire thanks to all the guys at the shop they got all the cars out of the building with no damage they all risked there life the building was burning while they were pushing cars out so thanks to lightning customs for that
                                                            by TeamchevamocoWed Mar 04, 2015 5:18 pm

Welcome Randy…Keep the E-mails Coming…See & Post Here;
                                                            viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4425
                                                            by DINOSun Mar 01, 2015 2:49 pm

Randy,’WELCOME’ aboard the ‘best’ nostalgia car club going,and thanks for sharing the update on the ‘Chevamoco’ project!
                                                            by BabycakesSun Mar 01, 2015 9:36 am

Hi every one I am new to this my name is Randy I am one of the people working on the race car chevamoco it is getting closer the paint and body shop has done a great job and it is now blue I will add some pictures as we get more done thanks for adding me to your great sight

Attachments:

teamchevamoco

We are very excited chevamoco is coming together I have tried to post some pictures but my phone won’t let me so thanks Dino for posting some. We have a great bunch of people helping with our quest to get it done

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.