Lagana’s CHEVAMOCO …the story continues

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR Lagana’s CHEVAMOCO …the story continues

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

CHEVAMOCO- Find background info Here on Lagana’s trend setting Chevy Powered eary steel falcon,altered wheel base match racer:

BUT ….as the Topic here states ….Always wondered about this photo of “Chevamoco II” (Kevin Dunn in far lane-Cy owns IT Now)and just recieved the info today.
        Heres what Armin Erbsland from Florida wrote:
        “There weren’t two-thats Bobbies ORIGINAL-I bought it (along with a friend) a few years before the picture.It was stripped & in strorage..Bobbie worked on many of my street cars ,and when he said it was for sale-WOW! My friend and I gave up street racing & poured it into “Chevamoco II”.The name was given the ‘OK’ by Bobby (he also worked on it).It was kind of a tribute to Bobby-He always helped us out.The picture was taken in 69-70.Best days of my life! Let me know if anyone has more pictures of ‘ChevamocoII” I sure miss that hunk of tin!! Thanks for a great website-It’s a trip back tp much better times.
        ps- I found out driving was a b**ch with the 4-speed-engine was almost next to me-loved it! wish I still had it! Time moves on-now I’m joining ODF ! WOW!! ”

….
        Oh -his user name?- maggie

Attachments:

dino
        Keymaster

From Armins private photos: How it looked when he first got it and ready to race

Attachments:

dino
            Keymaster

Heres Armin getin her done ! little blurry but hey-better than nothin!

Attachments:

tomblake
                Participant

Here is a couple more of the Chevamoco.

Attachments:

dino
                    Keymaster

and the story continues…Armin reated this about where it went:
                        …”Since I moved to FL from CT(originally from Rye,NY) I have had several muscle cars but still regret selling Chevamoco II. The car was sold less engine & trans.( drive train went into a 67 Chevelle B/MP) to Mark Dean. I think he was from Portchester. About 20 years ago I found out from Marks sister he moved away, maybe FL. The last I heard of Chevamoco II, Mark sold it to somebody in Portchester and it was sitting at some gas station. Some guys thought it might be stored at a station he worked at. Well I looked, as well as my friends, into that story and came up with nothing! A few times I considered a clone but canned that idea! If I’m going to go broke on a car again it has to be the real deal! I’ve been reading about Marcus on the site ( I went there in it’s early years) I wish I could give you more info but that’s it. If anyone comes up with anything let me know. Thanks again, this site is awesome!!!”

bobby-s

finished these today,CHEVAMOCO and a few others,

Attachments:

bobby-s

some more GREAT cars & owners

Attachments:

bobby-s

few more

Attachments:

bobby-s

last one for this group

Attachments:

dino
                                        Keymaster

OH-TAY! that was one great meet…lost all my shots of it years ago…Bobby…you did good ! ODF Medal of Honor with Oak Leaf Clusters ! Chevamoco ‘Our” local favorite….So who won ? Billy McDuell in the Comet was always tough….FAST Wedge car and the Turbo Stang was just plain bizarre with its live axle turbo.Rosin burn-outs added to the Show.

babycakes
                                            Participant

Nice job on the photos Bobby,many THANKS for sharing some “Dover” gold!!

dino
                                                Keymaster

OK….As I type ,Brian is AT Bobby Lagana’s (senior) to get the latest on ….the ‘Story DOES Continue” Seems the Famous “Chevamoco” IS BEING RESTORED to it’s original glory.Brian will get the details of who’s doing it and what the progress is. Another Dover Car Saved!

dino
                                                    Keymaster

Bobby told Brian the car surfaced in Michigan and IS being restored by someone there. Getting contact info from Bobby as HE, has been on phone with the guy.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.