Lagana Wins at Palm Beach…

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Lagana Wins at Palm Beach…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    maso
    Participant
        quote Grover Dragct:

just got a call from les m bobby jr just won in fla …4.38..at 313mph

Go see: http://www.ihra.com/article/5663.html

I could have been there, but I didn’t even know about it… Sheeee…IT…!!!

Top Fuel Dragster — Bobby Lagana Jr., 6.339 seconds, 136.52 mph def. Del Cox Jr., 10.158 seconds, 80.78 mph

don-kauer

Sounds like a pedal fest……………….

vbob
            Participant

HEY

Way to go TWILIGHT ZONE guys!!!
                Give it up for the Laganas!

‘V’

john-sachs-sr
                Participant

Maso,
                    Me tooooooooooooooo.I found out too late,and my son never made it either.Warm night.
                    Congrats 😉 😀 Lagana crew.
                    John

dino
                    Keymaster

Lagana, aptly dubbed the People’s Champion, faced one of the toughest Top Fuel fields in years this weekend with the past three champions on hand battling it out for Top Fuel gold. Going against a trio of past champions Lagana defied all odds with back-to-back wins giving Lagana one of his most memorable moments in his decade long Top Fuel career.
                        “The number one reason why we race is that we love that race car and we love what gravitates to that car including the fans,” said Lagana. “While we love this sport with or without a crowd, to see the stands packed like that was unbelievable. I can’t explain how nervous I was. I haven’t felt like that in years.”

Lagana defeated 2009 champion Del Cox in the final despite having some trouble on his run. Lagana, who fired off three straight 300 mph passes and consistent elapsed times over the weekend, crossed the line with a 6.339, 136.52. Cox also had problems on his run.

. I hope the fans are satisfied with the show they saw. We want them back twice fold next year,” said Lagana. “This is incredible. If we don’t win another thing the rest of the year, to win these first two races is unbelievable.”

Attachments:

dino
                        Keymaster

Nice job …Noticed NO sponsor Backing On the Car…Tremendous acomplishment ! Dover Guys Behind You !
                            …………Funny ,took Grover to tip us off …just talked to Grove on the phone ….We Be Sleeping ! He got a Call From Les M. AND they (at the Track) Have Spoken to AT THE RACE ….Harry Loper >>>ALIVE AND WELL in Florida 😮 …We Are getting the Number and tracking down the ‘legendary” BLUE GOOSE” !

maso
                            Participant

How many rounds did he go and against who. What were his times in the runner up rounds…? Was the final round the only “pedel fest”…?

dino
                                Keymaster

Sat :10:06 p.m. Cox had to shut off last night, the front wheels way in the air. Meanwhile, Lagana was looking for a clean sweep, coming in with three consecutive round wins.
                                    For the first time this weekend, Lagana had to pedal several times to get his car to the stripe, but he made it almost to half track before his header flames went down and back up for the first time, while Cox was pumping the throttle after about 200 feet. Lagana goes out of here with the maximum payoff possible, unofficially about $21,000, and has established himself as the driver to beat in the 2010 season.

All the Details At http://www.dragracecentral.com

maso
                                    Participant

I followed Dino’s link. Interesting.

I wonder if the Terrenzio Brothers were there. They race here in Flotrida sometimes.

The traffic was backed up for four miles down the Bee-Line Highway… imagine THAT…!

dino
                                        Keymaster

Nope …Anthony with one car And Vic with other… Run NHRA …I talked to Vic Friday…He was hangin out With Pete M.at the Stamford Buick Dealership.Anthony at work too.( City Carting) IHRA kind of always the second fiddle sanction and always going through “changes’ …in ownership ( Big Corps always buying them out ) and race formats . Have new classes this year that need to be explained. Pro-Fuel Dragster ??? and some other weirdness going on . Some kind of PROSTALGIA funny cars …Don’t have a clue if that will work.

maso
                                            Participant

Should we put together some sort of “Congratulatory” message from all their old friends at DDS dot com…?

This has got to be their bigest “Fan Club”… eh…?!

masracingtd1167
                                                Participant

Wayne Hofmann was down there lost second round of Top Dragster.

dino
                                                    Keymaster

Les Madeus WAS at the track and will have Super Shots when he gets back home …They Won Fri And Sat ! TWO $$$$ …

dino
                                                        Keymaster

Al Lamanna (he’s On The Crew) Just clarified by sending this:
                                                            “Ha…. Dean ,the way IHRA is working, is much like a match race .By that I mean ,all cars are invite only -4 top fuel -4 inj. nitro dragsters- 8 nos. funny cars, jets etc. It worked well, 1 ironman on Fri. and another Sat. in each class and we were top DOG!!!”

tomatohead
                                                            Participant

NOW THAT’S GREAT ❗ I know it cost a lot more money then I even have just to start that dragster ❗ 😀 but maybe they will stop by this year for the 2nd annual 😀 ………… VERY NICE WIN GUYS 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.