LAKELAND TEST AND TUNE, TOM BLAKE AND MIKEY.

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING LAKELAND TEST AND TUNE, TOM BLAKE AND MIKEY.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    mikey

Went to Lakeland Dragway Thurs. night for test and tune, met Tom Blake there, and also brought a friend, Tony Lamb, who has been helping me out with the E-85 carb, and some of the electrical issues I’ve had. Tony and his son James have a Monza with a 383sbc on E-85, and he put a 2bbl on it and mufflers to see how it would run(E-85 2bbl). It runs 7:0s all day, at just under 100mph. Tom Blake made his first pass since installing his TH400 trans, and his first passes at Lakeland since about 1984 or 85. He made an easy first pass to make sure the trans worked correctly, and made sure the car would stop in the shutdown area without making his eyes get big. Next 2 runs were 7:1s at 100mph. You’d think Tom won the Lottery!! Glad that the performance is finally coming around for him, great guy. I was able to make 2 passes, and I am very happy with both of them. I’m launching off the foot brake, and I’m getting the hang of it, sort of. Tried 7psi in the slicks, and the car was pretty stable, much much better than the last time I drove it. Still a little loose at the top end, but I don’t feel like I’m “chasing” the steering wheel like before. I’m posting the Time Slips for you guys to critique,(bust my chops) and the slower E.T. was caused by me deep staging, my mistake. But, I learned something from that because my mile an hour was almost the same as the first run. The car and me are now getting to be “best friends”. …………Mikey 😆

Attachments:

maso
        Participant
            mikey

Thanks Maso, it’s a pretty nice track. ………Mikey 😆

maso
                Participant
                    quote mikey:

Thanks Maso, it’s a pretty nice track. ………Mikey 😆

The nice thing about eigth mile tracks is that you probably won’t break any parts there…!

dedom

MASO, I left the pumpkin all over the track at the 10 foot mark up at Sunshine. Had a 68 Galaxie then with 416 CI reworked, plenty of goodies, twin fours on a Med hiser, about 500HP, C6 and 4.89 Grears. Hooked like crazy the run before it then everything went further South. So, I know you can break things on the 8th. 😮

Give me a shout if you still run there, I just may come down to join you.

mikey

I might be going next Thursday or Friday for a test session. I will PM you to see if you’re interested. Where do you live?? I live in Kissimmee.
                            ………………..Mikey 😆

Attachments:

dedom

I would be interested depending on the weather.

I live in Port Ritchey, just around the corner. My home track is Sunshine but the new owner doesn’t prep it well so I was thinking of going to Bradenton. LakeLand is the same distance for me.

john-sachs-sr
                                Participant

We ran at Bradenton last weekend. Track was decent and prepped fairly well. 😀
                                    John

dedom

Thanks John good to hear that. Now if only the guy at Sunshine will take a hint and do the same.

Dedom

tomblake
                                        Participant

Mikey….See you posted Thursday or Friday on the test n tune. Last time I was there they announced the change from Thursday to Friday, not both days. Maybe we will get out there also.

tomblake
                                            Participant

Mikey….Plan to test Friday at Lakeland. Tell Tony to test the new Gear Vendor overdrive.

mikey

I will see what his plans are. 🙄 I don’t know if I’ll be ready, I’ve got the front end apart but maybe, I’m not sure. 😯

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.