Larry’s Big Day with Unknown Rock Star

Forums Forums BENCH RACING FROM THE PAST Larry’s Big Day with Unknown Rock Star

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

It was about 1969 or’70 or give or take a year…Tony Neri was contacted by his buddies at WPLR ,who wanted a race car for a Promo photo shot.There was this new group with a girl lead singer,ready to do a Concert in Bridgeport to promote their first album. Tony told them his “Ad-Man” Chevy II wasn’t Available .It was At Lindblad chassis getting worked on.He suggested his racer buddie Larry Clouatre’s Car “Matter of Time” …the chevelle was freshly custom painted and lettered by ME. So off they go . Here’s the NEVER Before shown photos of Larry’s car ,with this “unknown singer”……………..STEVIE NICKS

Attachments:

don-kauer

Very cool..reat shots……………

vbob
            Participant
                dino
                Keymaster

By the way ….Wasn’t Fleetwood Mac…She didn’t join that til 1975. probably she was with Fritz ,Or doing a solo.

dino
                    Keymaster

heres the car right after I lettered it

Attachments:

dino
                        Keymaster

Just Caught our “honorary” ODF Old Dover Female …Stevie Nicks on tonights Grammy Awards. Sung a duet with Taylor Swift …And showed the “kids” , how its done ..She still has it ! .Hey -we knew that back then when she sat on Larry’s Chevelle.

dino
                            Keymaster

Just saw the ol girl on “dancin’ with the stars” ….she still has it…should make her an honorary ODF 😆

dino
                                Keymaster

The first shots were Larry’s candids of the day…HERES THE Pro-Final shots they took…how did I find …? took some doing

Attachments:

super-sport-pete

DINO, you must really like her.picture probably 1974. carl opened victory then,larry worked next door at norms auto parts in the shop.he did not own the car then ,had a 55 NOMAD,worked at center auto strfd. with don scinto in those days.one picture at cherry st. service.(frank/ramblin man AMX) he put many cars together there for racers.all i can recall today.

hvy70ss
                                        Participant

Dino…Sorry no autographs from Stevie Nicks concert at Bethel, BUT, I shook her hand, said thanks for the great show and she looked me in the eye and said “Your Welcome”. For the last 4 songs I was down in front of the stage. What are great concert…did ALOT of Fleetwood Mac. Her new stuff is great too. Highly recommend anyone to go see her tour. BTW…she STILL is smokin hot!!

Smitty

dino
                                            Keymaster

For those that don’t think its Stevie…Hows This….?

Attachments:

dino
                                                Keymaster

WOW…Just found This !….Tells the WHOLE Story…I was Wrong about year….going by what Tony told me.
                                                    A few corrections: these pics weren’t taken in “1969 or 1970” but much later, in September 1975. The photographer was Fin Costello and the photoshoot took place in Wallingford where Fleetwood Mac was recording a set for a radio show at the Trod Nossel recording studio. Fleetwood Mac did not do a show in Bridgeport that tour. These pictures of Stevie were published in rock magazines like Circus and Creem.
                                                    ….SEE:
                                                    http://blog.garagistry.com/2015/04/retro-wed-larrys-big-day-with-unknown.html
                                                    So I commented this “Dino Lawrence said…
                                                    Ok … I was the One that said 69-70…Stand Corrected …You should have seen all the posts…One of our knowledgable Dover guys posted in the same Topic…”picture probably 1974. Carl opened victory then, larry worked next door at norms auto parts in the shop.” And I lettered and panted Both the Adman…(YES 1972 on front plate of Nova) AND Larry’s Car. Thanks though ,for tracking down original Photographer to get the details.Dino Lawrence…Website administrator http://www.doverdragstrip.com. and former track announcer”

Fleetwood Mac, September 23, 1975
                                                    Trod Nossel Productions & Recording Studios Wallingford, Connecticut, USA
                                                    Originally broadcast by WPLR-FM, New Haven, CT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNqcA3LUc4w

Attachments:

vbob
                                                    Participant
                                                        dino
                                                        Keymaster

$8.50 ? stupid … Bob …You can Copy -paste a print right off a number of sites …including our…That’s one of The Pro shots.

vbob
                                                            Participant

HEY

F M , no concerts right now for 2016 ! Heres her bio!
                                                                ‘V’

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stevie_Nicks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                              101 Responses