Larsen Ford

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Larsen Ford

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    anthonyc

Just found this in an old Hot Cars magazine (lots of NY establishments in these mags it was published in the Bronx)

john-sachs-sr
        Participant

Anthonyc,
            Bill Kolb and myself tried to keep Larsen in the forefront of performance.If you have later issues of “Hot Cars”,you’ll see we did the same thing at Hory Chevrolet when we moved there.
            John

dino
            Keymaster

Your Little Yellow Wagon Was sponsored by Larsen -Right?

bossguy

My 69 Boss 302 came from Larsen Ford. I purchased the bolt in 4 point roll bar in it from Greg Grillo when I worked at Manor Lincoln Merc also in White Plains. I still have the car and the roll bar is still in it. I used to sit on the bar when it was in front of the parts counter when I worked in parts at George Cook Ford in North Tarrytown (now Sleepy Hollow). Greg wanted to get rid of the bar because it was taking up room. He said, “give me 50.00 and get it out of here”! I have a pic of the “Little Yellow Wagon” in my scrap book. BTW John, I remember Bob Hamilton and your “Too Far Gone” 427 Fairlane also. I worked with Ben Terrelli? and Pete his service writer side kick at Heritage Ford in Fishkill around 79-80.

anthonyc

Ha! I have a Hory Chevrolet Ad hanging on the wall with your name on it! Im going to post it too.

anthonyc

Here it is.

john-sachs-sr
                            Participant

Dino,
                                The “Little Yellow Wagon” was owned by Larsen Ford.

Anthonyc,
                                We really made Hory a primo hi-perf Chev dealer.
                                Built V-8 Vegas……Got black Corvettes and Z-28’s built when the factory said they “wouldn’t build them in black” in 1973(I’d have to shoot whoever I told how we did it).We made Hory the largest volume Corvette dealer on the east coast.

Bossguy,
                                Bob Hamilton’s reward,for swinging the Branch Motor Freight order of 1000 tractors to Larsen,was an AFX overhead cam Mustang.When Kolb and I became the dealers at White Plains Ford(the old Larsen),I got a call from a collector in Nebraska who had the car.
                                John 😉

anthonyc

Can you post some pictures from those days? Id like to see them. Are you related to a Peter Sachs from CT? I think we works on Ferrari’s and stuff.

john-sachs-sr
                                    Participant

Me with the disco hair doing a burnout along side of Hory Chev.These were the kind of cars we loved to sell.
                                        Never heard of Peter Sachs.Don’t have a lot of relatives left in the North.
                                        John 😉

Attachments:

anthonyc

Hey thanks.Thats really cool.I am going to have to keep my eyes open for that issue,Im off to ebay!

dino
                                            Keymaster

antoney..ton s of stuff for Larsen here…USE THE SEARCH feature at top right…type in ‘Larsen Ford’, and hit Enter key on keyboard ! loooook out !

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.