LEBANON VALLEY NOSTALGIA MEET SATURDAY OCTOBER 4th

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION LEBANON VALLEY NOSTALGIA MEET SATURDAY OCTOBER 4th

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    vbob
    Participant

Hey guys and girls ‘Video’ Bob here!!!
        Come to The Valley tomorrow and see nostalgia drag racing at its best!!
        Last nostalgia race at The Valley before ole man winter gets here!!
        We will be racing the Dover Drag Strip .Com 34’Willys with N.E.T.O.!!
        We ran 9.29 a couple weeks ago at the Sat. testntune and you just might see her dip into the 8’s tomorrow!!
        We will be pitted out in the grass with N.E.T.O.,stop by and say HI and maybe you will be on next weeks new video!!!

Take care,see you there!!!!

‘V’Bob

hvy70ss
        Participant

Good luck tomorrow guys!! Wish I could be there…….gotta be at E-town tomorrow for “Shaketown” with my son’s team’s car running Outlaw Drag Radial. Hope you can get lots of pics and video. See ya,

Bob

vbob
            Participant

Hey guysngirls,did The Valley today and was it a slick track!!! Thanks to all for stopping by our pit to say HI!!!Digger Dave and others!!!
                Best we could put down was a mid 10 second run!!
                What a difference from last time there we did a 9.29!
                The car had plenty of power but most cars including the 34 Willys could’nt keep it straight!!! Rich Head was up to the task with his N.E.T.O. 63′ Chevy did us in the first round!!
                Next it’s Atco the 18th of Oct.
                for our match race rain out rematch from ETown with Ken Kulls ‘Red Baron’ Willys!!

‘V’ Bob

bobby-s

Video here is a new old flash back shot of Paul & Rich first round
                    1963 all over again, “THOSE WERE THE DAYS…”

Attachments:

vbob
                    Participant

Good job with the black n white pic!!!
                        I was doing a video and stopped when the 34 started going every which way but straight!!!Thought she was going to do bad things!!

‘V’Bob

dino
                        Keymaster

Video Bob ? Did ya get on Video all the ODF guys ….got to see that . With all that talent available …the track Must have been bad…anybody complain and try to get them to do a groom job ?

vbob
                            Participant

Dino,
                                The track was like someone was carved a pumpkin and left all the slippery stuff on the track!
                                The video will b in snail mail Mon.a.m.!
                                The red 65 Plymouth in the video is for sale as a roller $10,000 the guy lives in Hebron,Ct.!!

Latter ‘V’Bob

34gasser-65awb

$10G as a roller sounds like it could be a good deal! I know of atleast 1 other AWB for sale at that price, and it’s a damned mess. Needs EVERYTHING, not just an engine/tranny.

cyv
                                        quote video Bob:

Dino,
                                        The track was like someone was carved a pumpkin and left all the slippery stuff on the track!
                                        The video will b in snail mail Mon.a.m.!
                                        The red 65 Plymouth in the video is for sale as a roller $10,000 the guy lives in Hebron,Ct.!!

Latter ‘V’Bob

That seems to happen often there. And if it rains the day before, forget it. We spend more time in the staging lanes while water seeps up thru the track than anything.

vbob
                                        Participant

Amen to that brother Cy !!!!
                                            Ya gonna do Atco Oct.18th nostalgia meet??We are !!!

‘V’Bob

dino
                                            Keymaster

Can’t even think about dialing the car in Huh ?Thats sounds like even Austin Coil couldn’t fix it .

vbob
                                                Participant

You aint gonna see any dial in time on the Willys on the 18th,just run what ya brung baby !!!!
                                                    Red Baron bring it on!!

‘V’Bob

cyv
                                                        quote video Bob:

Amen to that brother Cy !!!!
                                                        Ya gonna do Atco Oct.18th nostalgia meet??We are !!!

‘V’Bob

Hey Bob,
                                                        I was talking to Joe D. today, I work pt at Total Performance with him. He was telling me how bad it was. Too bad they don’t make improvements over there. I don’t want to sound like I’m bad mouthing anyone, but I know a lot of guys are getting tired of the conditions sometimes.
                                                        I have to work the 18th, but if I can get out of it I’m gonna go. Then I’m going to spend the winter putting together a better motor for my car. I want to head back out to Ohio for the gasser meet in the spring. You guys should try to make that. Very cool stuff there!
                                                        I had breakfast with Ohio George and hung out with Gene Schwartz and his crew!
                                                        Saw Kevin the other day. No computer yet!

vbob
                                                        Participant

Hey,
                                                            Ask Joe ‘Crusher’ Duda if he got a new battery for his laser tem. reader LOL!!!
                                                            Gasser meet out west, they should have one on the Berlin Tpk.,a lot closer!!!!

‘V’ Bob

cyv

He cracks me up with that thing!
                                                                Berlin Tpke. You get more than 2 cars in one location, the cops show up!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.