LEE VALENTINE Collection Preview

Forums Forums HISTORICAL DOVER PHOTO GALLERY LEE VALENTINE Collection Preview

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Here s few of the recently aquired Lee Valentine Photo Collection ..The Entire batch to be loaded soon in the Big ODF Galleries.Thought I’d pick some interesting ones to show the Valentine Family race car progressioon Over the Years. Some brother Kane took way back ,And early cars of father Tom ,bring back some memories. Lot of cars -lot of years .

Attachments:

dino
        Keymaster

And here we go…. Three car shot has Lee running Behind Dad , who stages up with B & R ‘Persuader’

Attachments:

dino
            Keymaster

More Blasts from Stock Action …Who drove the Persuader (previous) and here-“HI Ho Silver” Car? Valentine & ?

Attachments:

dino
                Keymaster

Explain the Back up lights on ❓

Attachments:

dino
                    Keymaster

One of many wagons Lee Ran. A trend Dad started with Original ‘Pied Piper’

Attachments:

dino
                        Keymaster

Picture tells a story Here…Ralphie Redlights as Lee puts the Wagon airbourne

Attachments:

dino
                            Keymaster

One of a few Automoblie Shop (Bedford Hills) “Project Cars”….during the period Lee worked there with Willy Hormente and owner Davitt ran the Duster. I lettered them ,worked there Too, at the time

Attachments:

dino
                                Keymaster

Here’s Some Teasers of other Dover Action from the Collection…Fun never before seen stuff !

Attachments:

lee-valentine

Dino, HI_HO Silver was Alfred E’s nova from Pound Ridge.

jason-68-l78

Lee that Black Nova is a 68 396 and I am going to assume a 396 375 Hp car 1 of the 617 built! Very rare. Who’s car was it ? Looks like a black car? The reason I know it is a 68 car is the super sport on the front fender dog leg is only 1968 nova!

Very COOOOL!

jason-68-l78

Dino went looking for the Lee Valentine pictures in the ODF how much longer to they are avaliable?
                                                Lee in the first picture with the 2 camaro’s do you know who’s car that was?

Jason

lee-valentine

Jason The Black 68 Nova was mine bought new by me at Byrne Bros. Chevrolet in White Plains,N.Y. It was orrginally Ash Gold but I had it painted black shortly after I got it. Had 396-375 4 speed,4.10 rear, black bench seat interior and bright window mouldings,cost $3000 out the door. Lee. 😆

jason-68-l78

Oh man Lee do you know what you had! That was a very limited production car 1 of 617 1968 novas built with the L78 option!
                                                        What ever happened to the car? What Month did you buy it? Did Byrne Bros. Chevrolet in White Plains,N.Y. sell a lot of muscle cars? Was there any other 1968 BB Nova’s on the lot? I am going to ask this but did you know who might of owned my 1968 L78 nova. I have tracked owner history back to 1978 time frame in pleasant valley area. The car looks like this most likely with out the ralley wheels. It is a unique color combination Sequioa green with gold bucket seat interior. I would like to chat with you on that dealer you bought your car at. Can you give me a call on my cell 518-301-1486. This is what my car looks like.

Jason

Attachments:

dino
                                                        Keymaster

Jason…give me a day or two…Will be loading about 3 new collections at same time .

rcgarren
                                                            Participant

HAYES CHEVROLET IN NEW MILFORD CT HAD TWO L78 NOVAS ON THERE LOT FOR THE LONGEST TIME. ONE WAS DARK BLUE AND ONE WAS BLACK. THEY KEEP THEM AT THERE USED CAR LOT DOWN BY THE BRIDGE, I WAS WALKING THERE LOT ONE DAY AND NOTICED THE 2 CARS SITTING THERE VERY DIRTY , BUT WHAT BROUGHT MY ATTENTION WAS THAT THEY HAD FACTORY NEW CAR STICKERS ON THEM. NEVER SAW THEM ON THE STREET IN NEW MILFORD .

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.