LETS HEAR ABOUT YOUR LATEST

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING LETS HEAR ABOUT YOUR LATEST

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    masracingtd1167
    Participant

HI Tom Jessel makes a belt drive and so dose MSD .Do you run a belt drive on your cam ? If you do it’s just a bolt on deal . The only thing I am not sure of how you will drive your oil pump but I think they make a shaft that go’s in place of the distributor . I have been folowing your build on the 55 and I really like the way you are doing it . You will have the look of the old car with the modern chassis much safer way to go.

tomblake
        Participant

Billy thanks for the comments.
            My engine has the Jesel belt drive but that’s just the start.
            Did some checking, there is an MSD drive to replace the distributor that drives the oil pump.
            Putting all the pieces together gets pretty expensive but I like the idea. If I don’t find a easier $$ way, we will keep that in mind.
            I really like your engine setup and it looks great too.

Attachments:

tomblake
            Participant

Billy if you are watching this, how far away is your coil mounted from the distributor?
                In the car installation this could make a very long or short coil wire.

Attachments:

masracingtd1167
                Participant

Tom my coil is about a foot away from the distributor . I wold think you would want to keep it short as possible . Also try to keep your crank trigger wires away from your coil supply wires MSD recomend’s that . Every thing looks like it fit’s very nice .

thepunisher

This is what I’m building now. It’s a real 1970 Nova SS 350 numbers matching car that is going to be made into a streetable modified production car as if it was the 70’s. So far the suspension and rear end are done.

Attachments:

ricky-white
                        Participant

New motor ready to go. Old one ready to come out. Marked the calander and told the wife not to make any plans for Dover Reunion weekend.

Attachments:

dino
                            Keymaster
                                quote dinotheweirdo:

Ok Guys…lets here about your Winter preparations and projects for this year,,,START A NEW TOPIC (don’t reply here) Or add to your existing.

START A NEW TOPIC

dino
                                Keymaster
                                    quote Clustergear:

New motor ready to go. Old one ready to come out. Marked the calander and told the wife not to make any plans for Dover Reunion weekend.

Need more info…Car IS? Maybe oh—-start a new topic?

realmongo
                                    Participant
                                        quote DINO:

This is where we get the poop on your NOW STUFF…Racing, Roddin, Street Perf.Ride, Working on a new project ,on a Crew still or help out a team? Might not even be race car related ,could be a job, hobby or new interest.

Since we’re not getting any younger, I figured it was time to pull one of the Mustangs out of the CONEX, strip it down, and load it up for a trip to the rotisserie before this winter set in. Hope to see it back this spring or summer. 😀

Attachments:

vbob
                                        Participant

HEY

That looks like a grrrreat body !!! Hope not too many surprises !!!!!!

Hope ya didnt have ta go far or fast with that top heavy load on wheels!!!!

hope to see more pics as time goes on !!!

Thanks for postin !!!

‘V’

realmongo
                                            Participant
                                                quote VBOB:

HEY

That looks like a grrrreat body !!! Hope not too many surprises !!!!!!

Hope ya didnt have ta go far or fast with that top heavy load on wheels!!!!

hope to see more pics as time goes on !!!

Thanks for postin !!!

‘V’

Thanks, maybe I should start a build topic to follow it through?

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.