Lets Hear From the NETO CREW

Forums Forums N E T O News and Notes Lets Hear From the NETO CREW

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

OK Guys …you Now have your own Forum heading to keep all of us updated on the NETO happenings…points….Races…Schedule …general info and race photos…Make a NEW TOPIC to match your message.

dino
        Keymaster

From their FaceBook Page:
            Saturday, Sept 29, 2012 we will have Race 15 at Lebanon Valley Dragway. On Sunday Sept 30, 2012 we will have Race 16 at Lebanon Valley Dragway. Sunday will also be the John Parks memorial race. In addition the Capitol Area Rods will hold their fall car show. It should be a great weekend of racing plan to attend. gates open at 8 AM both days.

dino
            Keymaster

Joe Morrison Posted His weekend on facebook:
                “Update from Lebanon Valley: (I’m sure my racing friends can relate to this one). Saturday race- rained out. Forecast for Sunday @ 7 PM Saturday night: 20% chance of rain. Drive 220 miles, get to the track at 12:30AM, sleep on the trailer floor next to the race car, wake up at 7:00AM to the sound of rain. Sunday Race: cancelled. 1/2 way home, stop at a rest stop to change the tire that exploded on the trailer while driving on the NY Thruway. Yup, another glamorous racing weekend!!!
                The good news: we’re still in 1st place with 2 races left. Next Saturday: Atco Raceway!!! ” Joe

nostalgia-fiat-racer

Hey Dino and all here on the Dover forum,

Two races left on the NETO schedule and the points chase in the COMP class will go down to the wire. Next Saturday October 6th at Atco Raceway I will attempt to extend my 3 round lead over Vinny Laurita, then Sunday October 14th we have our Finals at Island Dragway where I hope to clinch my second straight championship! Come on out and join us!!!

๐Ÿ˜Ž

dino
                    Keymaster

Welcome aboard Joe…Missed ya At Our race at Lebanon!… Tell the guys we DO appreciate their continuing support and becoming a ‘Fixture” at our event. Already planning next year.Keep us posted …Dino

vinnylss572

Dino,
                            Thank you for setting up a forum dedicated to NETO,My son Vinny Jr has the points lead in the Nostalgia division with his strong wheel standing 70 Chevelle.I am chasing Joe Morrison and crew by three rounds as Joe stated,and relish the challenge of chasing the top driver and crew in the Comp division.My 69 Camaro is tuned(set on kill) and primed for strong run down the stretch which will lead to some fun and exciting racing in the last two races of the season.Stay tuned! ๐Ÿ˜€
                            Regards,
                            Vinny Laurita Sr.

vinnylss572

Wow the NETO Fall finals at Island was a hotly contested event.I won the race outright and took the NETO Comp Division Championship on the last day.To make things even better,my son Vinny Jr took the Nostalgia Division Championship giving the Laurita’s a clean sweep of both NETO Titles.
                                Special thanks to Bob LaRegina at Valley Chassis Works(the best by far)for setting my Camaro up for the strong stretch run.
                                Vinny Laurita Sr

vbob
                                Participant

HEY

Congrats on the Laurita’s family sweep of NETO classes!!!!

‘V’

dino
                                    Keymaster

NETO Race 18, the final race of the 2012 season, was completed on Sunday Oct 14 at Island Dragway. 38 racers were in attendance to finish the season in great style. In Nostalgia eliminator (21 cars) Chris Regan, driving the Team Regan Corvette lasted through a tough field for her third win of the season. Guy Johnson, in his unique “Milk Wagon” was a very close runner up. In Comp Eliminator the ten…sion was so thick it could be cut with a knife! The Comp championship was up for grabs, with only one round of racing separating season long leader Joe Morrison and second place Vinny Laurita Sr. When the day was done Vinny Laurita Sr won the race and the Comp Eliminator championship. Jim Mullen was runner up in his fast and beautiful Vega. This was the end of a great season of racing and marked the first time a Father Son pair are co champions. Congratulations to Vinny Laurita Jr for his Nostalgia Eliminator championship and dad Vinny Sr. for his Comp Elim championship! There will be some heavy “Laurita partying” at the awards banquet.
                                        And special thanks to all the racers, families, fans and great race tracks which made this fine season possible. See you next season for more great NETO racing.

dino
                                        Keymaster

by DSSRich ยป Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:46 pm

I’m trying to get a hold of a guy I met at the 2012 drags at lebanon. It was a 55 chevy Neto car. It had IFS still. Went 9s. I think It was black. He was hanging out on saturday after the rain. He was parked next to the verminator ford.

He had a Moroso cable drive tach that he was running electrical. I’d like to find out who converted the tach.

Thats Rich from Don”s Speed Shop

bobby-s

Rich, you might want to call– Ron at Williamson`s, they do all kinds of conversion of gauges, tachs, clocks etc, a real nice guy to talk to, he did my tachs for my dragster to work with a mag, (that usto be a 2 peice system tach & black box). He said when I first called him he can convert tachs to works with all systems. I would think he can convert the cable drive to electric. The “tach guy” shop does not have parts for the old stuff, give Ron a call. Hope it works for you.
                                                Bobby

WILLIAMSONS 1 479 369 2551

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.