Lets See Your Model TRAINS

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Lets See Your Model TRAINS

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Bunch on here into the little Choo-Choos …So lets hear about it …OH-See Pat Henneberys Site;
        http://valleymodeltrains.com

And the New one:
        http://valleymodeltrains.com/catalog/

bossguy

Well ya gotta have something to do in the north east when its 4 degrees in the garage. I had HO when I was younger. When Pat Henneberry had his machine shop he was doing the heads on the 351C going in my 67 Ranchero. I remarked that I was assembling the engine in the back bedroom of my house and the only other thing in there was my HO train board. Then we started talking about trains! Years later I was living in another house and the trains were packed away in the attic. I was wiring an exhaust fan in the attic and my 3 yr old son was “helping” me. He discovered the “operating log mill” and played with it the whole time I was busy. When I finished I said, “do you want to set that stuff up?” of course he said yes. Every nite when I got home from work he’d be standing by the front door saying, “can we go work on the trains? I was into the layout over a grand when he discovered video games and lost interest in the trains. I have too much time and money invested to chuck it so I guess I save it for his kids (he’s 25 now). About a month ago I heard this http://www.soundtraxx.com/dsd/tsunami/playsound.php?s=s3 and said, “I NEED one of these”. Bachmann, the manufacturer of the 2-10-0 wanted 375.00 on their web site. I found trainz.com in Ga had one for 262.00. Two weeks ago I tried trainworld.com in Brooklynn and they had the same one for 149.00! I ordered it on sunday and had it tues. I also bought a Woodland Scenics “moonshine still” to place in the “holler down by the crick”.

vbob
            Participant

HEY
                HERES A SET YOR U !
                ‘V’

don-kauer

Awesome V-Man……………………..Vunderland is Vunderbar 😀 😀 😀

don-kauer

So that’s it……….Jack and myself with trains…. 😯 ……I figured a bunch of ODF guys would have trains 😮

mikey

Sorry Don, I sold all my trains and accessories about ten years ago. I just got tired of trying to find places to store it and maybe one day re-assemble everything. All American Flyer. 14, 4×8 sheets, all landscaped, 9 different layouts and trains on the 14 sheets, 3, 4 train transformers, several switch operators, and the list just went on and on, things I had since I was about 9yrs old, and just collected more and more whenever my Dad and I found any. I put them on E-bay, and I thought people would kill each other trying to get them. The guy that finally got them, drove to Florida from Indiana and rented a 24ft U-Haul truck to bring it all home. I’m not gonna say what I got for them, but it was some serious money. It’s a shame, I just could not get my step-son interested in any type of trains at all. Oh well, such is life. ……………Mikey 😥

realmongo
                            Participant

My Dad and I used to go to Valley Model Trains when it was a huge store by the falls. I still have all of the Lionels boxed up and taking up a good portion of an empty bedroom.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.