Like Father -Like Son Big Tiny & Little Tiny

Forums Forums GENERATION GAP Like Father -Like Son Big Tiny & Little Tiny

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Heres a shot Bob ‘Tiny” Eglit Sent me ….Him Racing His Son …as he explains it :
        “HERE IS ME IN MY 64 DODGE MAX WEDGE CLONE [ I STILL HAVE], RACING MY SONS 55 CHEVY HE STILL HAS, IT WAS THE FIRST TIME HE EVER RACED, I SAID “I LOVE YOU SON, BUT I’M GOIN TO HAVE TO KICK YER ASS”, HE DID GET ME ON A WHOLE SHOT, BUT THE BIG MOPAR PASSED HIM ON TOP END, RACED AT LEBANON
        I DRIVE THE DODGE ON THE STREET NOW. TINY ”
        ……………Ok 😕 How many ’55’s you make ? Son Still has this one….You got “Undecided” from Paul Grant, you ran the white Blown car with NETO ,one shows up in Nevada and you’re building Another one? …I’m confused …Son, If still has that ,Should bring to 2nd annual Nostalgia Drags AND we’ll set You up with a Match race with the ever popular “Mystery Mopar” …see “Parked in a rickity old Garage “Topic !…and what happened to “Undecided”?

Attachments:

dino
        Keymaster

Here’s Tiny in his first ’55 at NHRA Springnationals at Englishtown-1068…ODF Galleries to the rescue again! (O’Shea Collection,gallery 13)….look behind rear wheelwell…Lettering By Dino…I feel SO old (Body, not mind -Still a teenager ,there)….did that when I was 20 years old -42 years AGO ! He had me put “Chevy Powered” on front fender…when Paul had it ,he ran a Pontiac………..Tiny wrote This about the Photo:
            “THIS IS MY ’55 CHEVY B/G “UNDECIDED” RUNNING AT THE 1968 SPRINGNATIONALS THE 1 YR. THEY RACED AT ENGLISHTOWN, DINO TOOK THE PICTURE, HE ALSO HAD PICTURES OF ME WORKING ON THE B/GASSER BACK AT THE MOTEL WHILE “FAST EDDY SCHARTMAN” AND HIS CREW STOOD AROUND DRINKING A FEW BEERS WATCHING ME AND WORKING ON FAST EDDIES CAR, HIS CAR WAS ON A OPEN TRAILER NEXT TO ME WITH THE BODY UP, DINO MIGHT STILL HAVE THE PHOTOS, THAT GOD FOR HIM & TERRY OSHEA, OR I WOULD NEVER HAVE PICTURES OF ANY OF MY CARS.
            DINO,THANKS FOR BEING A GOOD FRIEND.
            TINY

Attachments:

dino
            Keymaster

here the shot of Tiny at the motel He mentioned……..More About his 55’s here:
                http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2113

Attachments:

bob-tiny-eglit

HEY DINO, I HAD A GOLD 55 CHEVY F/G MOTOR BUILT BY B & L AUTOMOTIVE IN THE BRONX. THAT HAD A ECONOMY PAINT JOB ABOUT 20 CANS OF GOLD SPRAY PAINT, “UNDECIDED” WAS A METALFLAKE KELLY GREEN, I SOLD IT TO DALE BROWN IN BEDFORD HILLS, I HAVE MY BLOWN ALKY 55 CHEVY “HELLFIRE” NOW, MY SON STILL HAS HIS, PAINTED FLAT BLACK NOW, AND IM BUILDING A OLD SCHOOL RACE /STREET GASSER, GLASS NOSE,DOORS,TRUNK, THE ORANGE ONE I SOLD AFTER MY ACCIDENT, I WAS TOLD I MAY NEVER WALK AGAIN AND MAY LOOSE A LEG, BUT I’M STILL GOING, I’M LIKE YOU DEAN,MY MIND IS STUCK IN THE 60’S BUT MY BODY IS IN THE 60’S, I WOULD LOVE TO MATCH RACE SOMEBODY AT DOVER RACE,ONLY CERT 8.50 NOW THOUGH.I WAS RUNNING 7’s THEY CHANGED RULES.
                    HOPE TO ALL SEE YOU GUYS THIS SUMMER
                    TINY

dino
                    Keymaster

Hey …follow the Trails here…What happened to Dale Brown and the Car?

MATCH RACE? …Somebody Say Match RACE? OK Guys who’s up to take on the TINY-Man? I got an Idea 😆 …Oh PAUL ….Paul ,the Lithuanian locomotive engineer ….you tinkin what i’m tinkin? 😎

dino
                        Keymaster

Tiny says he has three ’55’s in the garage now-The old White one -his Son’s,thats prime black now, and the NEW one he’s building .Oh- he also had this one , the street…Say’s ‘Tiny:” RED & WHITE ONE ,IT HAD A 454 W/2 AFB’s ,ALSO HAD 4 WHEEL DISC, 9″ REAR OUT OF A SMALL LINCOLN, AUTO ON COLUMN, I SOLD THAT CAR TO BILL LIGOURI .

Attachments:

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.