LINDA (Wilson) WOODS …Mustang Racer

Forums Forums NEW GUYS…and girls LINDA (Wilson) WOODS …Mustang Racer

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

LINDA (Wilson) WOODS …on the Forum as liwoods sent this:
        Dino:
        Are you the same fellow that was the announcer at the drag strip? If so, you are the famous guy that did all the lettering on our Mustang. It was the car that I owned and you did it at a Ford Dealership in NY (don’t remember the name). I will be waiting to hear from you.
        Linda Woods

Famous ? 😮 wrote Llinda back …now I’m waiting to hear from her. Anybody Know this car ? I have brain -fade.. Drake calls it “Gezzervile”…Probably did it At Carmel Ford …Ford Man Drake ? I know you’ll remember .

dino
        Keymaster

Ah-So…Called Linda ( Had to figure it out ! ) She was married to the Late Harvey Wilson…And she’s our Newest ODF Member ! Harvey bought the cobra jet from Al Joniac….via Carmel Ford …Photos here of it in “Hairy Too” trim right after he got it and then How I relettered at …Carmel Ford. At one time it had Mitchell Motors on the door too. Deb’s sponsored him most .Ran SS/G And SS/F .Linda said they sold it and she has lost track of where it is today.

Attachments:

dino
            Keymaster

Looks Like Centolanza in the other lane.

vbob
                Participant

HEY
                    found this up stairs under M !

‘V’

Attachments:

vbob
                    Participant

HEY
                        Found this,Debs Auto. D/SA ‘DISTURBED’ on the front fender !
                        ‘V’

……………nice line of win decals in rear window AND Fairbanks equipped ! …[edit-dino]

Attachments:

dino
                        Keymaster

Oh…She’s NEVER been to the Danbury Reunion BUT will BE THERE this Time !

liwoods

You all have made my day to see my old Mustang. I would love to know the whereabouts of this vehicle. Even before Harvey died I hear he did not even know where it was. We heard severak rumors but don’t know how true.

Thank you all for supporting this great adventure and I will not miss the reunion!!!!!
                                Linda (Wilson) Woods

dino
                                Keymaster

Just got THE REAL POOP FROM DRAKE ! …He’s our Resident FORD expert …But if you’ve seen the lenth of some of his posts ,you’ll see why here …he got timed out trying to type in all the info …so heres his copied E-mail :
                                    LINDA …..Loooook Out !

“HEY DINO…
                                    DO TRY TO “LOOK IN” MOST EVERY AM…EITHER FROM HOME OR MY LAPTOP…
                                    LINDA /HARVEY WILSON…
                                    . . . WE BOUGHT THE WINTERNATIONALS WINNING “FACTORY” 428 COBRA JET SUPER/STOCK CAR FROM AL JONIEC…TURN-KEY (NEVER GOT TO MAKE A “LAP” WITH IT…) …SOLD IT TO HARVEY/LINDA…ALL TRULY NICE PEOPLE….THAT CAR HAS BEEN RESTORED TO ITS ORIGINAL RICE HOLMAN FORD/AL JONIEC “ROOTS”…IT’S ONE OF 5 FACTORY 428 COBRA JET CARS THAT BILL STROPPE PREPARED FOR FORD FOR INTRO @ ’68 POMONA…ON THE BARRATT-JACKSON LEVEL…. IF ANY OF US WOULD HAVE HAD A BETTER CRYSTAL BALL…TO FOR-SEE THE FUTURE…OH WELL… THE HISTORY/SUCCESS…MAKE IT WHAT IT IS…HARVEY HAD PRETTY GOOD COUPLE YEARS WITH THE CAR LOCALLY…SOLD IT TO A GUY IN MARYLAND…WHO SOLD IT TO A GUY IN PA. AND THE “RESTORATION” WAS UNDER WAY…IRONICALLY..THIS YEAR ’09 @ POMONA…FORD INTRODUCES THE ’09 VERSION OF “COBRA JET”…JOHN CALVERT DRIVING THE RICE HOLMAN/AL JONIEC “TRIBUTE” CAR..WINS STOCK/ELIMINATOR!! THE FAIRY “TALE”…COMPLETION OF THIS “STORY”..IS THAT FORD FLEW…ME ‘OL BUDDY… AL JONIEC…TO POMONA…TO BE PART OF THE “FESTIVITIES”…SO MY PAL AL…WUZ’ RIGHT THERE TO SEE 1968…RE-INVENT ITSELF…IN 2009 AINT’ THAT SUMPTIN’???!!!***….AL IS A GREAT GUY…NOT JUST ‘CAUSE I SAY SO…A VERY PROLIFIC RACER…DESERVES MORE ACCOLADES… THAN HE REALLY EVER GOT…’TILL…NOW..AS A “RETRO” MEMORY….IT IS REALLY GOOD TO HEAR BILLY CASEY DOIN’ WELL…HE’S WARRIOR…GIVIN’ UP…JUST AIN’T AN “OPTION”…FOR BILLY…BACK TO LINDA…”MEMORY”…BIG HAIR…BLONDE IN THE LINDA VAUGHN “VEIN”…U…GET THE IDEA…HEY BETTER “RUN” WILL TALK TOU U…SOON…STAY WELL..DRAKE…

P.S. THE FLATHEAD DRAGSTER WAS A CHASSIS RESEARCH (SCOTTY FENN ) CAR THAT PADDY CRAMER (ORIGINAL BUILDER/OWNER)..THEN MY DAD/CARMEL FORD…THEN BOBBY AND GEORGE RAN…”

………………….Thanks Drake…see what I mean-Whew !

dino
                                    Keymaster

opps….more FROM drake ! 😀
                                        HEY DINO…
                                        WHADDA’ YA’..CELINE DION…”IT’S ALL COMING BACK TO ME NOW???!!!***..I THINK YOU ARE ON THE “RIGHT” TRACK……HARVEY “TOILED” @ MITCHELL FORD…SIMSBURY,CT…ALSO THINK HE WORKED SAME DEAL @ TRUDEN FORD IN BRISTOL,CT. BEFORE THAT IN THE PARTS DEPARTMENT……IT’S THE NAKED CITY…8 MILLION “STORIES”…AND ‘DIS WAS/IS…ONE OF ‘EM …I HAVE HEARD “NUMBERS”…THAT BRENT HAJEK ( A NOTED FORD “COLLECTOR” FROM OKLAHOMA) AND DON SNYDER A VERY NOTED MUSCLE “COLLECTOR” FROM OHIO…FIGURED THE CAR… (HARVEY & LINDA’S)…THE WINTERNATIONAL WINNING ’68 COBRA JET MUSTANG (PRESENTLY PRISTINE)…WAS WORTH…$250,000-$350,000 BEFORE…THIS YEARS POMONA…THEY BE THINKIN’…LIKE $500,000 PLUS NOW…REAL MONEY…DON BOUGHT THE “HAIRY ONE” (ORIGINAL BAT CAR) LONG NOSE MUSTANG FUNY CAR (YOU LETTERED IT A “FEW” TIMES FOR US…FIRST WHEN IT HAD THE ELECTRO-STATICALLY APPLIED “FUR” …BLUE… HAIRY ONE…(AL FELT THE BAT CAR THING HAD RUN IT’S “COURSE”)…THEN WE PAINTED IT RED…U…LETTERED IT UP YET AGAIN …ANYWAY DON SNYDER BOUGHT AFTER RANDY DELISIO @ THE SUPER STANG SHOP IN CLYDE,NY…RESTORED IT AS THE BAT CAR…FOR $250,000…’BOUT 15 YEARS AGO…RANDY HAS DONE INCREDIBLE RESTORATIONS ON MANY PERIOD FORD RACE CARS…’BOUT A YEAR AGO DID NAZY CRATES’ T-BOLT WHICH HE BOUGHT & KEPT AND RACES/SHOWS A BIT….I PUT THE “DEAL” TOGETHER( ALL THAT GOT MENTIONED IN HEMMINGS MAGAZINE FEATURE ARTICLE ON CAR) BETWEEN HE AND MY VERY REAL FRIEND…TOMMY CALDARA…HE WAS NATE’S PARTNER IN THE CAR…AND HAD KEPT IT ALL THESE YEARS…RANDY’S DONE TASCA T-BOLT…OUR T-BOLT FOR DON WHITLOW IN VIRGINIA…MANY…OTHERS…HE’S SIMPLY THE BEST…IN THE WHOLE WIDE “WOILD” @ RESTORING ANY PERIOD FORD RACE CAR…THAT’S ALL I GOTTA’ SAY…AND I CAN’T SAY NO MO’… LUV’ YA’ MAN…DRAKE

liwoods

Hey Dino and Drake:
                                            You are the super Ford Guys. You have brought back long memories on the 68 Ford Mustang that Harvey and I owned. If we could have only seen the future and kept that Mustang I wouldn’t still be working today. I only wish that I could seen that vehicle TODAY. We had a lot of wins and GOOD times with all of you. Hope to see you all at the reunion. And yes Drake I am still the Blonde with BIG hair-that will never change!!!!!

Thank you so much for all your imput. Want to hear more about the good old days. Linda Woods

vindicator
                                            Participant

😀 😀 😀 HEY LINDA…DON’T YOU…DARE…EVER…CHANGE!!!…WE LOVE/LOVED …U…JUST THE WAY …U… WERE/ARE 😆 😆 😆 …TRULY GOOD PEOPLE LIKE …U…AIN’T EVER GOTTA’ “CHANGE”…GLAD TO KNOW /HEAR…ALL IS WELL…KNEW HARVEY HAD PASSED AWAY A FEW YEARS AGO 😥 😥 😥 …AS YOU SAID…IF ONLY…BUT IT IS…AS THEY SAY…WHAT IT IS…. 😆 😆 😆 DRAKE….P.S….IT AIN’T “OVER”…’TILL…WE SAY…IT’S OVER 😆 😆 😆

dino
                                                Keymaster

Or…..”It ain’t Dover Til Its Dover ” 😆

liwoods

Dino:
                                                        I log into the ODF site several times a-day. This is the best, or should I say you’re the best and where have you been for so many years. I LOVE ALL The info I have received on the 68 Mustang that I once owned -its unbelieveable-thank-you all. It definately brings tears to the old eyes on how everyone has pitched in together to bring me up to date. I love all my buddies out there and appreciate all their help-and mostly thank you DINO for bringing me back to your world. Linda Wilson Woods

THANKS !. . . . .NOT My World …OUR World ….”from our ‘Dover Days’ Song lyrics: “Magic Moments in my mind, takes me back to a differant time” . . .[edit-dino}

paul-ceasrine

Linda,

There are pictures of that car (when Harvey had it) at dragracingimagery.com
                                                            I think, the AHRA Nationals at New York National 1969 or 1970.
                                                            Also, the Super Stock Magazine Nationals at York, PA. 1969 or 1970.
                                                            Both events were held in August. Maybe helps you a little in the time frame.
                                                            Check the finals line-up for the 1968 NHRA Winternationals (February 68′ at Pomona)
                                                            This car was in some group, and beat them. A Hall of fame line-up.
                                                            Bill Jenkins, 68′ Camaro (SS/C)
                                                            Sox & Martin, 67′ GTX (SS/D)
                                                            Dick Landy, 68′ Charger R/T (SS/FA)
                                                            Herb McAndless, 68′ Road Runner (SS/F) *Driving a Sox & Martin car
                                                            Dave Wren, 63′ Max-Wedge (SS/CA)
                                                            Hubert Platt, 68′ Cobra-Jet (SS/E) * Beat this car in the SS/E Class championship.

Dover really did have several famous cars as part of their regular line-up.

PC

liwoods

DINO:
                                                                Went to the Marcus Diner today for the reunion, and what a show. We sure missed you with your big voice and all the energy that you have. I was sorry that I couldn’t find Drake. Its been 40 years since I last saw him and think we should have name badges on or a booth for the ODF to sign in with. What wonderful cars that really brought back the past. Such good years and everyone was so happy to be there. I also felt very sad as a lot of people out there can never or can understand how we all feel. We are a family even when things didn’t go well on race day we all helped one another. Don’t see a lot of that anymore. Maybe you can make it next time?????

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.