List Your Cars Owned from Memory: ODF TEST

Forums Forums Original DOVER RACERS "BIO’s" List Your Cars Owned from Memory: ODF TEST

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Hard to get the Brain to Dig out them all …But I’ll start it off and hope I remember :
        58 Olds
        55 ford
        54 ford
        56 ford
        58 ford
        40 ford
        70 duster
        71 duster
        71 duster
        53 dodge P.U.
        48 Anglia gasser
        54 ford
        65 mustang
        66 mustang
        70 maverick
        72 duster
        50 ford woody
        72 ford
        78 Chevy Van
        79 pontiac firebird
        77 pontiac wagon
        93 Ford PU-for 17 years!

dino
        Keymaster

Bet when you’re all done…an hour later you’ll remember another one 😆

babycakes
            Participant

Dino,you really opened up the ‘attic’ in my brain;like you said,I’ll probably miss out on a few but here goes.Starting in 58,
                36 Ford 3 window coupe,
                40 Ford coupe,
                50 Olds convert,
                51 Plymouth (put in a small block Chevy)
                ‘3’ 55 Chevy 2drs.,
                55 Ford 2dr.,
                ‘3’ 57 Chevy 2drs.
                57 Ford 2dr.
                58 Chevy Impala convert 348 tri power,
                62 Chevy Impala convert,
                63 64 65 Vettes,one convert,two coupes,
                71 Pont.Grand Prix,
                72 Vega (converted to a V/8 of course).
                This of course is not in sequence but by numerical years.These were my ‘daily’ drivers.
                Drag cars,
                37 Willys B’G,
                60 Vette BM/SP,
                57 Chevy C/MP,
                63 Vette H/S,
                66 Ford Fairlane 3/X
                ,70 Boss Mustang G/S (dealer owned).
                From the mid 70’s mainly Ford pickups,with a few Chevy and Ford passenger cars thrown in.Whew,how’s that! I’d be sitting pretty,how’d I known what they would be worth nowadays,right?

mikey

First car I got from a friend, I was 13yrs old.
                    1959 Vauxall Victer, 4cyl, 3 on the tree, 4dr, looked like shrunk 55 Chevy.
                    1961 Rambler American 2dr. Looked like a turtle. I put a 283Chev with a glide, I was 14yrs old.
                    1953 Chev 2dr business coupe. 6cyl, 3spd. The old Pat Hennerbery “Tall Man” Ran U/Stock at Dover, then put a bigger six and open drive, ran J and K/Gas at Dover.
                    1961 Ford Falcon, first street car, 16yrs old. 6cyl, with an oiler kit of course, 3 on the tree. That became my”winter car” when I got some decent wheel, I kept it for about three yrs.
                    1961 Triumph TR-3, bad choice of car, got rid of it in less than a year.
                    1966 Chevelle SS/396 4spd, Black w/black interior. Another car that became a race car. B/MP, 427 4spd 4:88 rear.
                    1967 Chevelle SS/396 4spd, all the options, street car street race, a few times to Dover.
                    1967 Corvette 427 3-2s 4spd. Wrecked, totaled. Salvaged engine and trans, seats, and one door.
                    1958 Jaguar MKIIIV 4dr. Started to restore. Drivetrain good, body needed work. Sold three yrs later.
                    1966Dodge Charger 318 w/automatic. Interesting car, but an underpowered tank. Sold it 3mo. later.
                    1966 Ford Thunderbird. 390, all the toys, bought for first wife. I hated that car.
                    Another 1966 Chevelle SS/396 4spd. Bought the car SUPER CHEAP, guy thought the engine seized. Shut off at a stop light, and would not turn over. Timing chain actually broke, and locked up the engine. Changed the chain and gears, fired right up. did not hurt a thing. Drove it for a couple of months and sold it.
                    1949 Ford pick-up Chevy 409 2-4s, 3spd. Drove it for a while, sold the truck body, kept the engine.
                    1964 Chevy Impala SS I put the 409 in this car with a BW Super T-10, Hooker Headers, 3:73 rear gears, and sold the car.
                    1972 Datsun Pick-up My first New Car. Chrome wheels, bed cover, special ignition. Raced the truck at Dover, ran 19 times, won 18 trophies. It was red, and I would use shoe polish to write either Harry’s Speed Shop, or Thunder Speed.
                    1967 Chev Camaro RS bought the body less drivetrain, put a 427 4spd and 4:88 gears, and ran the car in A/SM at Dover and Englishtowm.
                    1969 or 70 Chevy Nova bought the shell from Don LaJoies salvage yard in Ct. and made it a race car. Small BBC w/tunnel-ram, 2 660 center squirters Doug Nash 4spd, 5:38 gears. Ran C/Gas, and was very successful.
                    The last pass I made was in the Nova in 1977 at Lebanon Valley. I pulled the motor, trans and rear end, and junked the car.
                    I got into circle track racing after that, and raced until we moved to Florida in 1990. Got involved driving a guys Midget in Tampa, and I finally quit in 1998. Did some Mud Truck racing until 2004, then nothing until in March of 2009, I purchased my 41 Willy’s Coupe. I am Papa, and the car is “Papa’s Toy”. ………………Mikey 😮 😯 😆

babycakes
                    Participant

Opps Dino,I just remembered a ‘few’ more to add to the list of ‘daily’ drivers: 54 Chevy 2dr.(converted to a V/8),63 T/bird landau, 65 Mustang,and 67 Mustang Fastback.Had a ‘bunch,that’s for sure! It drove my auto insurance co. ‘bonkers’!

patina
                        Participant

No “do overs” or “I wasn’t ready” Cakes you go up to the line once and you better be ready 😆 😆 😆

Pat

babycakes
                            Participant

Pat,your right,lotsa ‘cobwebs gathering in the attic of my brain;somehow getting up in age,Ive slipped into the ‘slow’ lane of life’s road.My brain ‘reaction’ time isn’t what it used to be,that’s for sure;oh well anyway,that’s why I enjoy seeing you and Mike keeping the ‘ole’ drag racing spirit alive with your M.G.You guys are ‘always’ ready on the starting line!

mikey

Pat, I’m sure I forgot a few too. But like you said, once the green comes on no do-overs. I had a lot of fun just sitting here thinking about the cars from “yesteryear”. This was a good idea. ……………Mikey 😆

dino
                                    Keymaster

Hey —How ’bout the rest of you? jump in, the waters fine.Maybe write a list first…No re-runs… remember the whiners…”I missed a shift,can we run again”….NO…win light is final.

cullyflower

1922 international truck
                                            1930 Lasalle roadster
                                            1933 Ford sedan
                                            1936 Ford roadster
                                            1936 ford sedan
                                            1937 Ford sedan
                                            1937 Chevy sedan
                                            1940 chevy sedan delivery
                                            1946 Ford coupe
                                            1951 henry j
                                            1953 Chevy
                                            1955 Olds
                                            1955 Chevy’s 3
                                            1957 Chevy’s 4
                                            1962 Corvette
                                            1964 Chevy pickup

dino
                                            Keymaster

Opps …Brain fade guys 😉 ?…V Bob -go up in the attic and Refresh your memory…Not the footlocker. 😮 ..the Photo files

topgun
                                                Participant

My brain is burning ! here goes
                                                    1928 ford pu
                                                    1962 ford
                                                    1960 ford falcon
                                                    1963 ford wag
                                                    1964 ford wag
                                                    1964 falcon wag
                                                    1965 olds cutlass
                                                    1965 olds 442
                                                    1967 gto
                                                    1967 ply sat conv
                                                    1968 ranchero topgun owned 30+ yrs
                                                    1968 ranchero tube chassis drag car
                                                    1970 mach 1 ran at dover few times gs/a
                                                    1971 torino cobra
                                                    1973 torino
                                                    1976 ford pu
                                                    1977 ford pu
                                                    1995 ford pu
                                                    2006 ford pu
                                                    I am sure i forgot some! boy that was hard!
                                                    Rich

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.