Long timer listener-first timer caller

Forums Forums NEW GUYS…and girls Long timer listener-first timer caller

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mark-north

I hope I’m doing this right. I see the younger racers at the track were called “Dover Brats” so perhaps I would be classified as a”Dover Baby?’ The years I spent watching my father Skip race there hold some of my strongest and best childhood memories. It’s been great trip back thinking about all the names and faces I shared Sundays with as I grew up. It seems the more I think about them the more that show up-Groovy! Growing up in the pits and seeing all the cooperation, respect, courtesy, and helping out the other guy even if he beat you in the previous round were great lessons to be learned. Guys like Dad,Ron [Race. In. Perpetuity.],Billy and Seymour The Kool-Aid Kids, Uncle Joe-yes I called him that,Charlie, John, Swifty, Uncle Henry, Dino, Alvin, Roy, Bobby, Al P., my pit-mate Anthony and all the rest are spinning around my head lately. I watched all of you battle each other on the tarmac and struggle to help each other in the dirt. You all showed me great examples of Sportsmanship, Fairplay, and Honor It has been said of raising a child that it takes a village and I believe this to be true. I had something even better! Dover Dragstrip AND all of you! I to this day carry and live out these examples in my own life and to the young that I have coached in sports at various times. And you guys thought you were just having a good time! My thanks to all of you! I look forward to seeing you soon.

dino
        Keymaster

….Mark is “skip” Norths Son…FYI

masracingtd1167
            Participant

Mark so good to hear from you it’s been a really long time ! Your right those were some great times we had together and some of the life lessions we learned will stay with us forever. Hope to see you and your dad at the nostalgia drags . Seymour is coming up from Maryland to hang out with us . Billy Masiello

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.