LONGEST DRIVE TO ISLAND AWARD

Forums Forums NOSTALGIA DRAGS 2nd Annual DOVER DRAG STRIP NOSTALGIA DRAGS 2010 ! LONGEST DRIVE TO ISLAND AWARD

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    vbob
    Participant

HEY

Looks like we have 2 racing teams driving from Florida, so far!!
        Who’s it gonna be- Team Mikey or Blake Racing Team ??
        Maybe there are others??

‘V’

dino
        Keymaster

no fairleaving a week early and visiting national parks. Distance from Home to track . Calling Oregon..Bruce …fire that bad boy up . then theres the Soth Dakota Street Rod Assoc. 😆

vbob
            Participant

HEY

What if Pete,Raff and Ola show up at Island ?????
                Does air,or boat miles count ??

‘V’

mikey
                    quote video Bob:

HEY

Looks like we have 2 racing teams driving from Florida, so far!!
                    Who’s it gonna be- Team Mikey or Blake Racing Team ??
                    Maybe there are others??

‘V’

I’m not going to be leaving from Kissimmee. The car is going to Davie for some work to be done(need a welder). So how would you figure the miles? From Davie, where the cars sponsor is, or Kissimmee, where the owner is, but not always the car? Tough one aint it? If I’m running out of M&M Speed, my home base is Davie Florida. When I race the car anywhere, I’ve put M&M Speeds address, because that’s how they announce the car, Mike McDermott, from M&M Speed in Davie Florida. Is this what they call a Quandary? …………Mikey 😮 😯 😆

vbob
                    Participant

HEY

I’ll fly down to the Keys wave as I go by Davie and drive up to Island and beat everyone!!!

‘V’

dino
                        Keymaster

Distance from Home to track ….my truck is sponsored by House of Kolor…the’re in Louisiana..I’d beat both of ya ,If I entered it (Not really-I’m Staff) 😆 ….IF I drove it…Its got 230000 miles and a 2nd trans in it. Bossguy & Drake would tell me “Don’t Chance It”. …not fun on the side of the road ,at 2 in the morning next to a pig farm in Delaware.

mikey

So I guess Tom Blake gets the Long Distance Award, he’s about 60-70 miles farther down the road than me. Unless, of course, some one tows in from California, or somewhere really far, like those Storm King guys, that would be cool.
                                …………….Mikey 😆

dino
                                Keymaster

Lets wait …we all may be surprised.

maso
                                    Participant

If any of those Florida teams have an empty seat and could use extra gas money I might change my mind and go to Great Meadows too.

I could drive to anywhere within three hours from Miami and connect with them.

Maso

mikey
                                            quote Maso:

If any of those Florida teams have an empty seat and could use extra gas money I might change my mind and go to Great Meadows too.

I could drive to anywhere within three hours from Miami and connect with them.

Maso

Maso. I have been looking for someone to ride with me and share the driving and gas for about 3wks. Where ya Been?? Call me on my cell:
                                            407-394-6830. I’m in Kissimmee, right off the Turnpike. Takes me about 3hrs from M&M to get home. Call anytime up to 11pm. You can leave you vehicle in the driveway. ……….Mikey 😆

dino
                                            Keymaster

………Maso, bring your Guitar!

mikey

Maso, I forgot to tell you that I want to leave on the 23rd, a Thursday, sometime before noon. ………Mikey 😆

maso
                                                    Participant

Let me work out a few details…

mikey

Saw Maso today,he drove up to M&M from Miami to meet me, and visit with Rich for a few hours. He will be driving up to Island with me for the Nostalgia Drags!! It will be nice to have some company, and maybe he can share some driving, if he’s comfortable with towing. Still, it will be good to have company. I’m glad he decided to go, he will get to see people he has not seen in several years. I really hope he enjoys himself. ………………..Mikey 😆

tomblake
                                                            Participant

Way to go mikey. I have been hoping to meet Maso for some time now and it looks like Island. Have a good trip. We are planning to leave Saturday but will be stopping along the way. Mary has been wanting ride the motorcycle on the Blue Ridge again.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.