Looking for Hartford Autorama cars

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Looking for Hartford Autorama cars

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    anonymous

I had mentioned this in an earlier post but the people that put on the Fairfield County Concourse show in Westport are still trying to find custom cars that would have appeared in the Hartford Autorama in the 50’s and 60’s. Grady’s Olds “the Oriental” would be ideal for this if someone knows where it finally ended up. “Hellzapopin” would also be of interest if it is finished by September. This is a high end invitational show that brings in cars from all over the country including Pebble Beach vehicles.
        Al Baran

dino
        Keymaster

THE ORIENTAL IS supposidly Stashed away in Conn. You Stamford guys know more about this….Any comments ? No results on google . I’ll Check with Gommi in Ca. Thought HE posted something about it way back???

wow …found THIS !
            http://www.blackroadautoclub.com/russellgrady.htm

jaywood

I’m not 100%…but I may know a little bit on the Oriental, I have to check with someon,but, pretty sure I was standing next to it exactly like you said, in a garage in Stamford. I’ll make some calls and let you know…. Jason

jaywood

I was indeed correct! It was the Oriental I was checking out in a garage in Stamford…I know it was part of an estate, who actually has owneship of her now, I do not know….. However! I do know that there is a restoration underway and the engine was rebuilt as well…From what I gather, It’s kind of a hush-hush project, she seems to have quite a fanbase! – Jason

dino
                    Keymaster

Nice Tease ! …we need Map -contact name-phone # -PHOTOS -e-mail address -get ’em on the forum…shoe size .searched all over internet ….Nothing ! on Oriental ???

jaywood

From what I gather…it’s kind of a secret project but I was told in confidence by the engine guy where the body was being restored… and it is the car! When I saw the car in Stamford, the garage it was in had been its home for some 20 plus years. -Jason

jaywood

From what I gather…it’s kind of a secret project but I was told in confidence by the engine guy where the body was being restored… and it is the car! When I saw the car in Stamford, the garage it was in had been its home for some 20 plus years. -Jason

pmbuick
                                Participant

Hi guy’s, the Oriental is in Stamford and is being restored by a distant relative of Russ’ his name is Jim Torok (torque)
                                    Peter

jaywood

Thanks Peter, Jim was the guy who originally showed the car to me along with alot of other “to die for” items… a real hot rodders heaven! A close friend of Jim’s was who told me about what was going on with the car, and is also the guy who rebuilt the engine. He had said to me that Jim told him that he didn”t want to make a big deal about the car until it was finished. So……the details I got were, as he put it….”between you , me and the four walls.” -Jason

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.