Looking for info on Dad’s Dover Drag cars

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR Looking for info on Dad’s Dover Drag cars

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    son-of-a-g-gasser

Hi my name Is George Carfi Jr I am new to the forum and have been checking out the cool pics and reading all the Great stories. My father raced Dover G/Gas in the early to mid 60’s, I am looking for info on my father’s 2 Cars the first was a Henry J with a six cylinder chevy, the second was a ford Anglia w/same six. I am thinking about bringing back the Anglia if anyone has any info as to its where abouts that would be greatly appreciated. I look forward to chatting with you all.
        George Jr

dino
        Keymaster

Who’s got that Drag Times with The Anglia on the cover?

son-of-a-g-gasser

Just spoke to my Dad he seems to remember Bobby Lagana being involved in the sale of the Anglia in 1966-67.

George Jr

vbob
                Participant

HEY
                    I have a couple pics of early 60’s ,maybe one is the car your looking for!
                    ‘V’

Attachments:

son-of-a-g-gasser

Great pics, I love seeing all the old cars. Dad’s Anglia was green and lettered name of car was sweepea. Also I believe the anglia would Have been 65′ and later 64 and earlier would be the Henry J Which I need to get more info on (color, Lettering?,) I know that He won his class several weeks running mid to high 12’s in 64 @ Dover.
                        Thanks for the response. Here is a pic from this forum of sweepea. http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/download/file.php?id=4608

dino
                        Keymaster

Scoured the ODF galleries without luck ….BUT ol ‘babycakes” had this and sent to V-Bob who sent it to me. Old Farts can-do…This is at Englishtown in ’67.V-Bob…that white H/gasser is Fred Rouff’s “Small-Talk” before lettering.See that ‘national record holder”? on door.

Attachments:

son-of-a-g-gasser

Thanks guys great pic. Hope there are more out there…. anybody? would also like to see some of the primer colored Henry J Class winner May and June 1964, If that helps.
                                Thanks Again.
                                George jr

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.