Looking for Jeff Seligmann

Forums Forums WHERE ARE THEY NOW ? Looking for Jeff Seligmann

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    pete-kumble

Anyone know what became of fat Jeff Seligmann? He ran a K/SA blue Plymouth Valiant with Joe Kenny Prepared lettered on the doors.

Peter Kumble
        pkumble@larp.umass.edu

dino
        Keymaster

This was your reply at “Looking for…
            Peter..I put our Dover CSI operatives on it …we located 15 in Florida.! with SAME NAME what the ? ..two with Ct. history…both had moved to differant states and the phone #s didn’t answer…will keep trying.
            ANYBODY have anything to help out here ? He ran R & S Speed Speed Parts on Lake ave. in Danbury,Ct. and ate a lot of pepperoni pizza !

pete-kumble

Thanks Deno! It was actually A & S Performance Center on Lake Avenue, right next to the Jade Gun Shop, a few doors down from Oz Head Shop. Too bad communities don’t have head shops, speed shop, and gun shops like they use to!

Yes, Jeff was not what we would call Mr. Healthy! Some one told me that he had moved to Alaska and was working as a guide, but I said, “not that Jeff.”

dino
                Keymaster

A giude ? yeah to the refrigerator ! Had my Shop at 75 Lake ave. later ’79-92.

pete-kumble

Thanks D. I sort of fear that Jeff may have out lived the chassis and parked it in the sky. Of course, he will probably read this and call me up. Thinking that he died, I will have to say, “Hi Jeff, where ‘ya calling from?”

dino
                        Keymaster

Bumped this back ,to see if any new guys know what happened to Jeff? ? ?

vindicator
                            Participant

😀 😀 😀 Hey Guys…saw ol’ Jeff @ NHRA divison 2 points race…Central Florida Dragway (?) Orlando Speed World(?)…in 2000 (hey…what does 10 years ago…got to do with it???!!!***)…he wuz’ lookin’ good…just like the “old/original” Jeff…with his cee-gar…in place…chatted with him several times over days of event…said he was doin’ ok…health good…living in central Florida…(God’s “waiting room”… 😆 😆 😆 )…some of you super-sleuths’…oughta’ be able to go from there ‘eh (?)… 😆 😆 😆 …he was involved in a car (a stock or super/stock car)…think as owner…not driver…but it’s that “memory thing”…again… 😀 😀 😀 Drake

paul-ceasrine

Drake,
                                    I think people have been searching for years to locate Jeff.
                                    He had that 67′ 273 cubed K/SA Valiant in 1971/1972.
                                    A Joe Kenney prepared car. Saw his car in an old National Dragster For Sale Ad.
                                    pc

vindicator
                                    Participant

😆 😆 😆 Hey “Paulie”…where ya’ been “hoss”…doin’ a lil’ community service ???!!!*** 😆 😆 😆 from Class Racer”…to DDS…to…”vapor” 😆 😆 😆 …I guess I’ll just have to “find” a couple of “missing” Caballeros…Dick (Big) Crawford…D/G class winner ’58 or ’59 (maybe ’60) NHRA @ Indy…heard his son passed away a few months ago…and he is living in Peekskill area…and now”Jungle” Jeff Seligman…who a “mere” 10 years ago..I encountered in central Florida… 😆 😆 😆 if I pack it in @ Roush (they “tell” me…I can’t ???!!!*** 😆 😆 😆 ) at years end…I’ll have enough time to do some serious “diggin’…surely don’t want to do…what “supposedly” can’t be done…but maybe…in the words…of the late Johnny Cochran…( one of OJ’S lawyers)…if the glove don’t fit…you must acquit…’eh… 😆 😆 😆 Drake…ps the “real” Paulie Walnuts…whudda’ found these guys…months…ago… 😆 😆 :lol:…p.s.s.the Roush “gig” tenure…ain’t ’cause I’m a “wonderous” in-disposable employee… 😆 😆 😆 …it’s North Carolina…is a “right to work state” (don’t ask me ’bout it…never “heard” of it before either!…I have told ya’…ain’t…such a “smart” dude)…they use me on a “on-call” basis…sometimes mostly 3-4 days a week…sometimes 7! 😆 😆 😆 …they will have to “hire” a real guy/gal…educated…the “usual” benefit “package”,etc. with a competitive annual compensation package ($)…going forward…and like most businesses…that’s not…exactly…what they want to do..in this “economic” period… 😀 😀 :D…it’s Sunday eve…September 12th…got a lil’ “info”…Dick Crawford’s son Richard Crawford passed away (un-expectantly) just a couple months ago…obituary was in Poughkeepsie Journal…(check archives)…was “told” listed Dick (“Big”-father)…of Peekskill…also “told” Roy Hanshee (“Mr. Toad” Falcon-wagon)…was living in Arizona…could be “located” through “Classmates” (.com?)…Carmel High School (’64 or ’65 graduate)…so there ya’ go…”super sleuths”… 😆 😆 😆 …maybe a opening…in the “locate” process 😀 😀 :D…just had…a “ephifany” moment 😆 😆 😆 …the final for D/G that year was “Big” vs. the Moody Brothers (Gene…driver)they were pretty much the “hot-dogs” of D/G class in the country…but Gene turned on the Red Bulb…against “Big’ in the final (class)…that gave Dick his Indy National event class win…the Moodys’ came back for several years to Indy…and won class “handily”…just another “story”…in the naked city…’eh…there’s 8 million of ’em…this is just… one! 😆 😆 😆

pete-kumble

Hey

checking back in. Yes, I had heard he was living in FLA but now this is 11 years ago since his last sighting. I did some web based searches but found nothing on him. pkumble@gmail.com if you know any more.

dino
                                            Keymaster

Initial search found Three Jeff Seilgmans in Florida- Sunrise,Ft. Lauderdale and Lakeland. Tom Blake can check local directory in Lakeland and make a ‘stakeout” 😆

tomblake
                                                Participant

Met Jeff many years ago at a couple of races (point races for division 2).
                                                    Attached is a picture, not a good view, of Jeff at the Atlanta division 2 points race in 1982.
                                                    Thought he said he was in or near Orlando.

Attachments:

dino
                                                    Keymaster

Never forget a face …or in this instance the …well , Yup Thats Him .

pete-kumble

Hi – Pete Kumble here again. I did correspond for a little bit with Drake Viscome and that was nice. So now, 2015 and still no Jeff Seligman sightings. Anyone?

patina
                                                            Participant
                                                                quote TomBlake:

Met Jeff many years ago at a couple of races (point races for division 2).
                                                                Attached is a picture, not a good view, of Jeff at the Atlanta division 2 points race in 1982.
                                                                Thought he said he was in or near Orlando.

He’s standing next to “Casper the Ghost”

Pat

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.