Looking for Tony DeVito

Forums Forums WHERE ARE THEY NOW ? Looking for Tony DeVito

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    liteweight

Hey guys
        I’ve got an original 68 hemi dart that I’m trying to find it’s background previous to Lou Vignonia’s ownership in the early 80″s. I understand Tony DeVito looked at it back then, & he may be able to answer some questions I have of it. If anyone can help me out with some contact info, I’d sure appreciate it.

liteweight

bossguy

Tony is Ron Rickmans (Gramdog) brother in law. Lives in Hopewell Junction, NY. I don’t think he’s into cars anymore.

gramdog1
            Participant

Tony said the car Lou had was not Castaldo’s Dart.It had the floor cut out for transmission chages,Charlie’s did not.I thought the Dart was sold to someone who ran it in Modified Production. ❓
                That is all the info I have,you might try to get hold of Charlie Licata.Believe he is on the forum

liteweight

Charlie Castaldo had 2 original Hemi darts. The first one was a stick & he purchased it new. This car was rolled at Englishtown early 1969.. It was stripped of usable parts then scrapped. Charlie purchased the second Dart,an auto. This is the car that he won the SS Nationals @ York in 69

Charlie converted this car to run A/MP in 1970. He tryed running a clutchflite, but found that a stick was more competitive. It is this car that had the floor hump cut out of it for easier trans,/clutch servicing. My car has never had the floor modified . My car is an original auto car, & has never had a 4 spd, or a third pedal in it.
                    Charlie sold this car in 1972?? to Ralph Costello who continued campaigning it in A/MP for some time. It was then sold to a Jack
                    Schneider. Currently Tom Lee owns Castaldo’s auto car & it still sees the occasional trip down the 1320 as a legal SS/AH.

I have been in contact with Charlie Licata on several occassions & it is him who has provided me with ALOT of Castaldo’s history. He has helped me ALOT in getting some correct facts about Castaldo’s cars that I haven’t been able to any where else. Thanx C’
                    I really would like to talk to Tony DeVito because he looked at my car while Lou had it & maybe there’s info that could help me find the history of this unknown soldier. Can someone help me out with contact info?

Here’s a couple pictures of the car as it sits today

liteweight

dino
                    Keymaster

liteweight…that Black & white shot is Very interesting to me…Thats My lettering on the car..Charlies right t-shirt sleeve is covering up my “Dino” …but ya can see “lettering By..” Also it brings back to memory the nickname I gave him “Chargin” Charlie”.Also in the background is the Super Stock Natonals logo I designed For Monk Reynolds -editor of the magazine, and the decal is on the window.Great Shot .That Decal in front of the tire is His…Castaldo Equipment Co, Didn’t know Licata or Rickman back then….but theres their names I did on door as ‘crew’.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.