Lucky kid gets autograph

Forums Forums HISTORICAL DOVER PHOTO GALLERY Lucky kid gets autograph

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    louie-pascuzzi
    Participant

I was riding my bike on White St in danbury and Paula Murphy pulls up to the stop light by Matz Lumber. She was towing her funny car on an open trailer behind a station wagon. I pedaled up to the wagon and asker her for her autograph. She reached on the dash and gave me this piece of paper. That was like winning the lottery to a 15 year old drag racing fan. After 38 years I still have that entry card. Notice, she never filled in her age. Just like a woman!

vbob
        Participant

Now that is way KOOL!!!!

‘Video Bob’

dino
            Keymaster

I’ll bet that was a monday…ya see ol “Miss STP” was at the Fore’n’Art north in Brewster Sunday night ,after running that day at Dover…She had a “long night ” & probably stayed at a Motel in Danbury and got up late.

But what a cool Collectible!!! (Louie’s a pack-rat) …don’t know what track it’s from, it’s not Dovers Reg. card.

hvy70ss
                Participant

Dino…I was there for that Miss STP vs Schott race. Got the pics somewhere. Was that ’73? Got any pics of Paula Murphy? Forgot what she looked like then. Love that “Fore & Aft” story too. Also what ever happened to her? Shirley wasn’t the ONLY lady out there then.

Bobby Smith

dino
                    Keymaster

Here ya go …More of her in O’Shea collection …a couple

Attachments:

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.